Shark-fu: Man grapples, punches shark to save pet dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shark-fu: Man grapples, punches shark to save pet dog

Now, if only I could find a gym that included underwater grappling and some instruction on how to make an armbar work against an opponent with flippers, I could call myself a well-rounded martial artist:

http://guanabee.com/2008/09/florida-...ark-to-s-1.php

GNP>Shark

Comment

Splash 'n' Thrash: bringing t3h d3adly to t3h s3a.
      Originally posted by Emevas
      Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Comment

Who would have thought that a single punch would fend off a shark?

If it were my dog, I would have gone for Ude Garami.

Comment

I always wanted to punch a shark. Beady-eyed sons of bitches.

Comment

Do we have an October badass yet, cause I'm thinking we have a nominee.

Comment

Gut reaction is to jump in the water and punch a shark? Even those words in the same sentence are awesome. Punch a shark.

Second the october badass nomination.

Comment

sounds alot cooler until u realize the shark was only 5 ft long, still manly though

Comment

Uhh. . .

yeah, perhaps jumping into the water to save a loved one was brave (?),

but, as for the punch, it just happened to be in the right place, that's all.

It's documented that the nose is a sharks sensitive area. In fact, when a

shark is rubbed/scratched/massaged there, they tend to become docile,

and may even go to sleep.

Hitting the nose often causes sharks to break away, and do something else.

`~/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beorn
                    sounds alot cooler until u realize the shark was only 5 ft long, still manly though
                    It's a fucking shark. That's like calling someone a pussy because they got shot with a 3 inch pistol.

Comment

I guess real men CAN own little dogs. I third the nomination and request we invite him to a TD to revel in his badassery and give a shark punching seminar.

JCMECH, if by Ude Garami you mean, 'yell a hardy, "sucks to be you" then I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Meex
                        Uhh. . .

yeah, perhaps jumping into the water to save a loved one was brave (?),

but, as for the punch, it just happened to be in the right place, that's all.

It's documented that the nose is a sharks sensitive area. In fact, when a

shark is rubbed/scratched/massaged there, they tend to become docile,

and may even go to sleep.

Hitting the nose often causes sharks to break away, and do something else.

`~/

According to the guy, he punched the shark in the "neck" after it had his delicious, bite-sized dog in its mouth.

Comment

The guy gets to do this
                          http://uk.YouTube - Oh i punched a whale
                          But with a motherfucking shark

Comment

Originally posted by Yohan
                            It's a fucking shark. That's like calling someone a pussy because they got shot with a 3 inch pistol.
                            Agreed! A shark's a shark....5ft ain't exactly a small fish. I doubt it would have small teeth either. Add to the fact that your average land-dwelling mammal is seriously outclassed as soon as it enters the water with something a specialized as a shark, and you have a recipe for some serious badassery.

Slightly OT, but this reminds me of an exhibit I saw down at the local university that had some fossilized teeth from the megalodon (a badass name if ever there was one). Megalodon was apparently a prehistoric shark that could be more than 50ft long, and its teeth were gigantic:

Yeah, the little green guy is a modern-sized great white shark.

That's a great white tooth on the left, and a megalodon tooth on the right. If one of those grabbed my pet dog (or pet horse, elephant, small whale, or whatever else it could fit in its mouth) I'd probably just let it chow down.

Comment

A 5ft shark according to http://www.hightailincharters.com/Be...rk_Fishing.php
                              not saying that thing can't send you to the hospital for some stiches, but it's a far cry from a great white let alone a fucking megalodon. I'd kick it in the face for my dog.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X