Shinobi Kai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shinobi Kai

Hello. Does anyone have any information regarding the Shinobi Kai group in the UK?

I have run a couple of searches for threads on them but have found nothing, So I figured it would be a good idea to get a thread running on them to decide what everyone thinks of them.

As far as I understand they claim to train under Bujinkan and Gebunkan. Is this possible.
    http://www.shinobi-kai.com/

There is a whole thread on them here but I don't feel it came up with a great verdict on them

Thank you
    Last edited by shinobi-wan; 9/29/2008 10:51am, .

Originally posted by shinobi-wan
    I figured it would be a good idea
    Famous last words. Welcome to Bullshido.
    Originally posted by Emevas
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Comment

Are you a member?

Comment

As of yet no I am not. I am tied between two clubs. A bujinkan one (http://www.newburyninjutsu.co.uk) or the shinobi kai. I recently moved from southampton to somewhere virtually in the middle of both of these clubs so I am doing some research. I trained in bujinkan for about 8 months in southampton but not I am trying to find a new ninjutsu club.

The shinobi kai sounds pretty good because it apparently is a mix of bujinkan and gebunkan and sounds more laid back.

Comment

hahaha oh man this thread is either gonna end real fast or be a blast,
          *pulls up a chair*

Ninja? no accusation in a post on mabs? noob?

: )

Comment

So why exactly do you want to be a ninja?

Comment

I don't want to be a ninja, That's the added bonus. I just like the whole concept of the art, the fact it's 'supposed' to be an authentic battlefield art which covers more than just fighting.

but fuck it, let's make it fun for everyone on Bullshido...

I waNna b 4 n1njA cos they have l33t pow3rs and I clsely r3late them to hollywood films and star warz jediss!!!111

Comment

I don't want to be a ninja, That's the added bonus. I just like the whole concept of the art, the fact it's 'supposed' to be an authentic battlefield art which covers more than just fighting.

but fuck it, let's make it fun for everyone on Bullshido...

I waNna b 4 n1njA cos they have l33t pow3rs and I clsely r3late them to hollywood films and star warz jediss!!!111

....... So you wanna larp or something?
                Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

-Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
                Bill Cosby

The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
                Greek proverb

Originally posted by Nicko1
                Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

Comment

HaHa. Not particularly. I want to discover whether shinobi-kai is good or bad.

Comment

I want to discover whether shinobi-kai is good or bad.
                    Hint: They teach Ninjutsu.

Comment

Ahah. So all Ninjutsu is crap. I think I am picking up the vibes here :)

Comment

Ahah. So all Ninjutsu is crap. I think I am picking up the vibes here :)
                        But seriously, ninjutsu is good to learn if you want to larp.

It could just be me, though.
                        Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

-Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
                        Bill Cosby

The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
                        Greek proverb

Originally posted by Nicko1
                        Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

Comment

Back in 96 Hatsumi, the man this shinobi-kai CLAIMS to have studied under said ninjutsu wasn't really relevant to modern society. From someone who has been in the Bujinkan for a long time you know what? He was right.

A good Bujinkan school doesn't claim to teach ninjutsu anymore because they don't, and they haven't for 12 freaking years. If you want the modern equal to what ninjutsu WAS, join the military and try to make it into SF. If you want a good martial art that covers all ranges, Budo Tai-jutsu is a good choice, IF you find a good school. There are a lot of craptastic representations of Bujinkan Budo Tai-jutsu and that shinobi-kai place looks like one of them.

If there aren't any Budo tai-jutsu places around you that don't push the ninja image, study something else honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtGF
                            . A good Bujinkan school doesn't claim to teach ninjutsu anymore because they don't, and they NEVER DID, HATSUMI IS A FRAUD. .
                            Fixed your typo

Comment

Don't beat up the ninjas in newbietown...

To the OP, this stands out to me from the shinobi kai website:

We have Ninja Dojos around the UK...
                              Now that just sounds silly, a marketing ploy if you will. I hate ninjertsu to begin with, but that's besides the point. I guess if you want a ninja opinion, sounds like Sarge answered your question. If you're interested in what the rest of us think of the booj, I would suggest using the search function.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X