Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am very lucky.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I am very lucky.

    I happen to be a law instructor at a european university,and at the same time try to get my Ph.D.
    Okay so far so good.
    I also have been interested in such martial arts where striking is the name of the game, kickboxing, WT (?) and JKD (mostly striking that is).
    For more than a year actually I have been toying with the idea of starting with a grappling-wrestling style so that I can be a better and more complete fighter.
    Since wrestling was only for the young, I mean it was not allowed for me to start by some sports clubs, Judo was the only option for me to go. Well I thought this was the case till today.

    I am giving a course named "Introduction to Law" where I elaborate fundamental concepts of law like contracts, tort, civil rights etc.. After today's lecture, I went out to smoke with my students and we were also discussing some civil right related issues on the way. As I was smoking, I realized that a male student was applying a judo technique on his girlfriend or so I thought.
    As I was passing by, I asked him where he learned Judo being fully sure of myself that it was Judo.
    Muhaha well it was not.
    Dude told me that he was a national boxing (or kickboxing) champion in Turkey and he studied Sambo by some Azerbaijani friends for 5 years .
    I immdiately asked him if he were willing to teach me, and he said yes.
    I am lucky I guess.

    #2
    .....

    Comment


      #3
      Is this supposed to be funny, or am I supposed to be happy for you?



      No, really. I'm not sure.


      BTW, what country is your "european university" located in?
      Originally posted by Nicko1
      Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

      Comment


        #4
        You call that lucky? I just won a whole bunch of money from some lottery I've never heard of. I got the email to prove it. Oh lucky lucky me.

        Comment


          #5
          sambo=judo+leglocks

          What is your point?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Razamataz
            .....
            My thoughts exactly.

            Comment


              #7
              I met this man in the park who said he was a great pedophile and I immediately asked him if he were willing to teach me and he said yes.

              I am lucky I guess.
              In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

              Comment


                #8
                (@) (@)

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ZenOfAnger
                  Is this supposed to be funny, or am I supposed to be happy for you?



                  No, really. I'm not sure.


                  BTW, what country is your "european university" located in?
                  I was just sharing my happiness for I was dying to stuy Sambo. I just wanted to share this with you all.
                  Sambo and BJJ are virtually non-existent here, hence my happiness.
                  Mods please feel free to move this no newbietown, Oh BTW sorry for the inconvenience I caused to you wiseass.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by partyboy
                    I met this man in the park who said he was a great pedophile and I immediately asked him if he were willing to teach me and he said yes.

                    I am lucky I guess.
                    he is taking my class, not a complete stranger.
                    nevermind

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by tom.f
                      You call that lucky? I just won a whole bunch of money from some lottery I've never heard of. I got the email to prove it. Oh lucky lucky me.
                      That is lucky!

                      Hey, I got an official check from the National Nigerian Bank for $10,000. Unfortunately I don't have a bank account, so I need you to deposit it, cut me a check for $5,000 ASAP so I can invest it in a deal that will end up earning us over $200,000! You get 100k for not investing any of your money! SO LUCKY!!!

                      On a serious note, I have no idea what to make of the OP's initial thread. Congrats?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by reindo
                        I was just sharing my happiness for I was dying to stuy Sambo. I just wanted to share this with you all.
                        Sambo and BJJ are virtually non-existent here, hence my happiness.
                        Mods please feel free to move this no newbietown, Oh BTW sorry for the inconvenience I caused to you wiseass.

                        Ok, now I understand where you are coming from. Congrats then! :occasion1

                        Remember to tap early to the twisting leg locks.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Psyduck anyone?
                          There IS a brag thread, you know!!! On a related note SEARCH FUNCTION N00b!1!!
                          Which contry are you from again?
                          Originally posted by MrBadGuy
                          The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

                          "That was grappling. Real MMA."

                          "Where do I go for that?"

                          I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

                          I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I have a post there sinig.
                            and this thread is about my finding a SAMBO instructor, I see nothing to brag about it, to tell the truth. But I am definitely very excited about it.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Sinig is another dude. I'm Siniq... WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
                              Originally posted by MrBadGuy
                              The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

                              "That was grappling. Real MMA."

                              "Where do I go for that?"

                              I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

                              I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X