Hey, Marines of Bullshido

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3moose1
    True story: I've been shooting since i was 6, and can dis-assemble and re-assemble most guns and rifles :P
    You're a step ahead of the game.

Comment

I haven't taken the ASVAB yet.

I know i'll do fucktastic on it, i got a 76 on the pretest, and have an ACT score of 26, and scored all 1's on the Michigan Merit Exam

OK:

Military-types.

Is it out-of-line to have moose wait to decide which branch he wishes to go into until after he takes the ASVAB and sees where he would best fit in based on each score for each branch?

Comment

I understand 7thSamurai's posts completely. Being in the Marines is not joining the military, it is more like committing yourself to a brotherhood. If your not sure you want to make the commitment by all means don't.

You can tell that difference by the advertisements. The other branches tell you what they can do for you or help you do for your self. The Marines ask if you think you are good enough to join them, if not, we don't want you. There is a Marine Corps mindset that until you become one of us you won't understand. It is something that has the power to change you forever.

Ok enough of the serious stuff. The real difference between the branches. If you tell each branch of the service to secure a building:

The Marines will destroy it.
        The Army will build a defensive perimeter around it.
        The Navy will paint it and
        The Air Force will lease it for 5 years.

Oohrah!

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken
          OK:

Military-types.

Is it out-of-line to have moose wait to decide which branch he wishes to go into until after he takes the ASVAB and sees where he would best fit in based on each score for each branch?
          Can't take the ASVAB until after i sign up :p.

missed out on it, when my school was giving it out. Honestly, i've dont practice ASVAB's on military.com, i know i'll do extremely well on it. I come off as an idiot on here, but i'm actually pretty fucking intelligent.

The Air Force seems like it treats its staff better, which, as a guy who likes the little creature comforts in life, appeals to me. They'll actually give me time while i'm in, to go to College.

It just seems like they give me more options and more control, with less likelihood of me being shot. If the Air Force isn't "prestigious" enough for some people, they can blow me, i don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by M1K3
            I understand 7thSamurai's posts completely. Being in the Marines is not joining the military, it is more like committing yourself to a brotherhood. If your not sure you want to make the commitment by all means don't.

You can tell that difference by the advertisements. The other branches tell you what they can do for you or help you do for your self. The Marines ask if you think you are good enough to join them, if not, we don't want you. There is a Marine Corps mindset that until you become one of us you won't understand. It is something that has the power to change you forever.

Ok enough of the serious stuff. The real difference between the branches. If you tell each branch of the service to secure a building:

The Marines will destroy it.
            The Army will build a defensive perimeter around it.
            The Navy will paint it and
            The Air Force will lease it for 5 years.

Oohrah!

This made me laugh, lol.

From what i've read, though, the Air Force is actually the most selective branch of them all.

Though, from my limited, outsider perspective, and having talked to many, many Marines and grown up with one my entire life, i understand that becoming a Marine is the hardest thing anyone could ever do.

Comment

OK, moose.

What do you want to do AFTER your service or are you intending on making it your career?

Comment

Moose,

Don't let anyone push you into joining any branch unless you are sure its what you want do to. But also, don't hold back because you think you might not be able to make it. Boot Camp is designed to be hard and push you beyond your current limits but it is designed so that you can make it. There are many of us who did.

Comment

OK, moose.

What do you want to do AFTER your service or are you intending on making it your career?

After? I plan on a few different options.

one: Getting a Master's in Social Work and working for one of the million places that need Social Workers (not like, oh u iz abused social work, like, school counselor) or opening up a clinic and becoming a therapist

two: Fight/train fighters and teach martial arts

three: Working as a guard at a Nuclear Power Plant. Great pay, amazing benefits, huge room for advancement. Nuclear Power is only going to increase, and I think it'd be smart to ride that crest.

Comment

After? I plan on a few different options.

one: Getting a Master's in Social Work and working for one of the million places that need Social Workers (not like, oh u iz abused social work, like, school counselor) or opening up a clinic and becoming a therapist

two: Fight/train fighters and teach martial arts

three: Working as a guard at a Nuclear Power Plant. Great pay, amazing benefits, huge room for advancement. Nuclear Power is only going to increase, and I think it'd be smart to ride that crest.

I tap.

Comment

I tap.

What do you mean?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X