ninjitsu at an mma gym?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ninjitsu at an mma gym?

ok i know that ninjitsu is pretty much total crap but the dojo that i go to teaches bjj, muay thai and mma. and also has a ninjitsu class.

the class is taught by a bjj brown belt

im sort of interested in this because i would like to learn something with weapons, just for fun.

so what do u guys think could it be any good?

Whats the name of the gym, and the guy who teaches there?

Comment

Yeah give it a go if you like,

on a far more important issue, are you coming to the Aussie throwdown (in sydney)?
      AUSTRALIA Throwdown - Page 21 - No BS Martial Arts

Comment

heres a link

http://www.brazilianjiujitsu.com.au/Dojos/bexley.htm

it says that he started doing ninjitsu first and then started with bjj later on, so maybe hes doing ninjitsu just for some extra money?

i just know hardly anything about ninjitsu, so i wanted to get someons opinion.

is it possible that ninjitsu taught there could be influenced by bjj since its the same guy teaching?

can any bjj stuff be incorporated into ninjitsu at all?

Comment

im 16. can i come to the throwdown?

Comment

I think so, I'm not sure what the rules about that are.

then again moose attends throwdowns and he is only 16.

Comment

damn its on 27th or 28th?

im working both days :(

Comment

This is what we call a revenue raising class. Sometimes as a gym you need to target a different market who are not interested in getting bruised to provide money to help keep the other classes open.

Usually it is a 'womens cardio kickboxing' class but in this case they seem to be providing BJJ under a cooler name to target this group. Pretty good idea, i hope some mma fan gong sau's one of those ninjas and gets choked out.
                "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
                Kenny Weldon

Comment

Yeah I reckon you should do the ninjitsu.

Comment

Go to a class and check it out.

If you get the whole "If he punches here then block like this and counter like this" nonsense then don't go back.

Comment

I will bring my tabis to mma training:D

Comment

Ninjitsu doenst' exist. If you want to learn weapons just for fun AND be able to use them on the streets go to a shooting range, find a team willing to train you, get a licence and have fun. At least when shit happens you will not be arrested for chopping someone's arm off with a sword. You can call self defence with a gun.
                        Last edited by Siniq; 9/09/2008 11:51pm, .
                        Originally posted by MrBadGuy
                        The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Siniq
                          If you want to learn weaponsjust for fun AND be able to use them on the streets go to a shooting range, find a team willing to train you, get a licence and have fun. At least when shit happens you will not be arrested for chopping someone's arm off with a sword. You can call self defence with a gun.

Word to that. Learn how to shoot. Now. And learn how to use knives. Now.

Comment

Stick with the class. Years from now Brazilian Ninjitsu will be the best martial art.

Comment

Originally posted by hornyhobo
                              Stick with the class. Years from now Brazilian Ninjitsu will be the best martial art.
                              Second to that will be DTG karate hentai-jutsu
                              Originally posted by MrBadGuy
                              The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X