Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your physical awesomeness. In this thread, you will brag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your physical awesomeness. In this thread, you will brag.

In this thread, you will brag about the most awesome display of physical ability that you can or have ever done.

I will start.

In high-school when I was seriously training for the Olympic TKD team tryouts (totally not joking, I was a nominee to enter the flyweight class tryouts), at the peak of my physical ability, I could run flat out for over half a mile, I was somewhere in between 1/2 and 3/4 miles when I would collapse and violently vomit all over the place. It was awesome.

However, horribly terrible for my health, I later found out from my doctor. I basically hit a wall at like 1/2 mile where all of the available glucose had been consumed by my body and it started to very quickly metabolize my body in its entirety. The vomitting was a result of the various lactic acids building up all over my body and exhaustion. Basically I 404 crashed my body like trying to open up Photoshop and Illustrator at the same time on a Pentium 4 PC with 256mb of RAM.

Though my speed was pretty awesome, my strength was pathetic. I think up to this day, I can barely bench press my own weight. Haha.

I once ran a cross-country ski world cup profiled (read: steep fucking hills all the way) 5,2km (3,2 mile) route in just under 22 minutes while testing out my new shiny heart monitor. Hit 207 in the last uphill. At that time I weighted close to 100kg. Never even came close to that before or after that.

Not that big of a feat, I know. What can I say, I'm not an athlete.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by hpr
      I once ran a cross-country ski world cup profiled (read: steep fucking hills all the way) 5,2km (3,2 mile) route in just under 22 minutes while testing out my new shiny heart monitor. Hit 207 in the last uphill. At that time I weighted close to 100kg. Never even came close to that before or after that.

Not that big of a feat, I know. What can I say, I'm not an athlete.
      That's actually kind of cool. I can't ski worth a shit and can't really do long distance running either.

Comment

I outdid all my soldiers in the number of repetitions completed in a squat competition with low weight. I managed to find an excuse not to do PT for the next 2 days because I couldn't walk without a limp.

I swear to god I think I have a permanently pulled hamstring from that shit. Its been over 3 months and after every run I am reminded how stupid it is to be the "old man" who can do more than the young punks. Just thinkng about it I feel spasms.

Comment

drank a big glass of whisky with my friend and then rode my old hybrid road bike around the seawall in 19 minutes.

Last edited by Neildo; 9/08/2008 2:04am, .
          :new_all_c

Comment

Boring life of mediochraty (cant spell either)
            This thread makes me depressed as i have no great tales of physical prowess. My knuckles do drag on the ground though. (saves on makiwara time)
            Long rescue jobs in rugged terrain slogging heavy loads.
            My vertical rescue team days, climbing etc
            But no specifically measured feats to brag about damm it.

Comment

I used to skip school to get stoned so I'm afraid I have no stories :(
              " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

I used to run 3km before.. my record is 8.54. I did 14 hang ups 2 days ago.. hmm.. OH.. and I drank a big bottle of vodka(in one go) once and fell asleep in a puddle of water. I lost alot of body temperature.(33 celcius) and where put into a hospital. It was freaking awesome.

Comment

When I was 16 I could bench press the barbell. I think it was a regular one, not olympic.

Comment

Um... I can do 30 consecutive pull-ups? If that's a feat ..

Last week while rolling I was being retard stupid enough to strain my bicep to the point of getting bruise marks on it. I got all worried that I wasn't getting enough iron / protein / whatever and supplemented extra a day after that, but not enough to get a kidney stone or anything.

Speaking of alcohol or drugs, I have absolutely no tolerance for either, even painkillers. Which of course, also, means no resistance.

Comment

I was a bike messenger in SF for a bit, and someone stole the seat off by bike. I rode without it for a week.

Too be young again...

Comment

I ran the endurance course at The Basic School in Quantico in 62 minutes. Its a five-mile course through the hills with obstacles the whole way, carrying a patrol pack and a rifle, which has to be clean enough to function at the end. A perfect score was 60 minutes. A few months later I ran it two times back to back when I was going through Infantry Officer Course. I never got the time but I was one of the first guys to finish.

Sadly, I'm much more human nowadays.
                        I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
                        Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Comment

When I was in high school we played a version of dodgeball in which one class stood spread out all the way around the perimeter of the gym. They had maybe six volleyballs which they had to throw to tag members of my class. When someone in my class was tagged, they joined the people standing around the perimeter.

I was the last one to be tagged by a country mile. It was like some sort of trance state and afterward people told me that I had dodged multiple balls thrown at me from behind. I was finally tagged out when the gym teacher distracted me by blowing a whistle, at which point I froze and was hit right in the chest.

Pretty amazing, while it lasted.
                          Check out the Bullshido.net Western Martial Arts Forum for all things Western, martial and arty.

Bartitsu: the Gentlemanly Art of Self Defence (est. 1899)

Comment

Originally posted by KITAmaru
                            Speaking of alcohol or drugs, I have absolutely no tolerance for either, even painkillers. Which of course, also, means no resistance.
                            Does that mean that you can get drunk/high with very little alcohol? If that't the case then that's freaking awesome.(you save alot of money)

Comment

Exercise sure.
                              My morning jog often consists of running across several countries. I get up around 5am and run at the earth's rotation till about ... well until 5am because it's, 'cause it's just crossing time zones.

I'm going to need a diagram.

(ask a ninja.com)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X