Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joanmx View Post
    JenM.
    I never saw anything weird or was never talked to about aliens, mental domination or whatever else it is that you have mentioned or you hold so true.
    Hmm, what's that I see there in that sentence? Is that a double-negative? Could this be a tell-tale sign of a non-native English speaker? If I had to take a wild guess, I'd guess this is Joyce. Although maybe it's Asanaro or Mauro.... Whomever it is -- they don't have a command of the English language.

I might have published things under a screen name, but I never posed as anyone other than myself. Thanks for making a fool of yourself and proving my point about Boabom not handling any type of criticism well. If you'd like to carry on, please continue and demonstrate how cult-like your group is.

Comment

Contacted some more folks at a Tibetan Cultural Center in IL. Hopefully they can provide some guidance as to whether or not there are elements of genuine Tibetan culture in what "Asanaro" is selling.

No problem, <omitted>

I hope to be back in IL sometime next year, and hopefully then I can be of some help to the center.

I also had a question for you, that I hope you can assist me with. Recently I came upon a gentleman who claims to be teaching an ancient secret Tibetan art, and I get the feeling that he is making up much of his material and using some loose Tibetan terminology and cultural reference to lend himself credibility.

Is there someone that you know of (someone familiar with Tibetan culture and history) that can help me go over some of the material presented by this person, to help me ascertain better whether or not what this individual is presenting is truly a part of Tibetan culture and tradition, or if this individual is using Tibetan name and culture to sell his books and classes to the gullible and unaware?

If this individual is indeed selling fraudulent material, he is doing a disservice to Tibetan nationals who are trying to share their culture and arts with the West. I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

Thank you again.

=================
      Kama Sutra blue belt.

Originally posted by Emevas
      I used to fuck guys like you in prison.
      Originally posted by Rock Ape
      Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Comment

It also seems that Asanaro defriended me on Facebook after I sent him a question about the history of his art, and where he learned it.

May have happened a while back, but I noticed it just now.

Original inquiry was sent on Apr. 25th.

Originally posted by Facebook
        Hello, Asanaro.

I have recently gotten a copy of your book The Secret Art Of Baobom, and would like to know a bit more info.

Where has this art originally been taught? Was it only inside of Tibet? Where did you come to study this art, and what did the training entail?

Also, which if any Tibetan dialects are you familiar with?
        =================
        Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Comment

I see that the last post was August, any updates people? Or should we at least end this with a conclusion?

Comment

Unfortunately the cultural center never got back to me. If anyone with some Tibetan connections can take a whack at it, it would be greatly appreciated.
            =================
            Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Comment

Originally posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
              Unfortunately the cultural center never got back to me. If anyone with some Tibetan connections can take a whack at it, it would be greatly appreciated.
              My brother (lawyer by trade) did some asylum cases with Tibetan refugees, and my dad has travel contacts in Tibet. I'm sure one or both of them could get in touch with some Tibetan folks.
              The fool thinks himself immortal,
              If he hold back from battle;
              But old age will grant him no truce,
              Even if spears spare him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
                My brother (lawyer by trade) did some asylum cases with Tibetan refugees, and my dad has travel contacts in Tibet. I'm sure one or both of them could get in touch with some Tibetan folks.
                Awesome, dude.

See if you can get some info on:

1. Osseus Baobom, a super secret Tibetan art taught only to "pilgrims" that's supposed to be soft and gentle (like Taijiquan)

2. Asanaro, what it means, if anything

3. They seem to all chant "sojammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" all over their FB accounts. I'm curious to see if that's anything remotely Tibetan.

4. Mmulargan: a character that Asanaro keeps referring to in his books as a mythological hero. I'm curious to see if there is anything outside Asanaro's material on this character.

If you want my copy of Osseus Baobom for this purpose, I'd be more than happy to mail it to you, so PM me.
                =================
                Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Comment

I can clear up a few of those...

3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soham_(Sanskrit)
                  4) "Mmulargan" seems to be the 'kind' of organization it is, whatever language that is? Sanskrit? http://www.experts123.com/q/what-is-...mmulargan.html "Mmulargan has many connotations: it can be translated as “School”, “the foundation of the teachings”, or “the circle of Students and Teachers of Boabom Arts”."

Comment

Originally posted by fighting View Post
                    I can clear up a few of those...
                    3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soham_(Sanskrit)
                    That's interesting, because my impression, is that they use it almost like "ossu" for Karateka.

4) "Mmulargan" seems to be the 'kind' of organization it is, whatever language that is? Sanskrit? http://www.experts123.com/q/what-is-...mmulargan.html "Mmulargan has many connotations: it can be translated as “School”, “the foundation of the teachings”, or “the circle of Students and Teachers of Boabom Arts”."
                    The source for that article is Baobom.org.

I think an unassociated 3rd party source would be better for this one.
                    Furthermore, Asanaro uses Mmulargan as a main character for his mythology. My question is, does this character exist anywhere else in Tibetan folk tales/mythology, or did this originate in Asanaro's writing?
                    =================
                    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Comment

I realize this is a very old thread but... I have been "practicing" Boabom (and Seamm-Jasani) based on the respective books on my own for some time, but have had my doubts about the authenticity of these "Arts" and my googling got me to this thread (which I read in its entirety). I've done some judo, aikido and karate in the past (long time ago) and while I more recently got interested in Tibetan buddhism, I then stumbled upon Boabom. I've tried to contact Asanaro (via FB) and the various schools with some questions, but nobody has ever responded to me. So, basically wondering whether there has been any new developments on this, or if the consensus still is that Boabom is BS?

Comment

Originally posted by kaerkkai View Post
                        I realize this is a very old thread but... I have been "practicing" Boabom (and Seamm-Jasani) based on the respective books on my own for some time, but have had my doubts about the authenticity of these "Arts" and my googling got me to this thread (which I read in its entirety). I've done some judo, aikido and karate in the past (long time ago) and while I more recently got interested in Tibetan buddhism, I then stumbled upon Boabom. I've tried to contact Asanaro (via FB) and the various schools with some questions, but nobody has ever responded to me. So, basically wondering whether there has been any new developments on this, or if the consensus still is that Boabom is BS?
                        Hey there. Not sure what kind of updates you're looking for. I'm not sure if I already shared this, so I'll say it again if I have: My friend who got me into boabom found articles online published by a Spanish news outlet that accused the group of human trafficking. I believe it was importing Chilean women to Spain for sex work. My friend was very upset reading that and so he asked Ben about that article hoping to find out it was a misunderstanding. Ben's response was very hostile and intimidating from what I was told. My friend told me that Ben told him to never bring it up again and that if Asanaro heard he was asking about these articles online, he would be banned from the school/group/cult.

Do you really need any other updates? If Ben or Asanaro wanted to share their version of events I think that'd be lovely, but I don't see any of them rushing over here to share their perspective in an official capacity.

Mull that over for a little bit.

Comment

Thanks JenM.

I think I will now burn those two books I bought and move on to other (authentic) things, maybe back to karate.

Comment

Originally posted by kaerkkai View Post
                            Thanks JenM.

I think I will now burn those two books I bought and move on to other (authentic) things, maybe back to karate.
                            Try Tai Chi. It's a legitimate moving meditation. My opinion is that most Boabom people are trying to get into it for that. Maybe that doesn't apply to your situation, but if it does, I would recommend it.
                            Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X