TUF 3: Bisping and Ross P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TUF 3: Bisping and Ross P.

Ok, so I only just round to watching this series today and noticed that almost every time the two brits talk, there are subtitles. Now I know their accents are probably different to what a lot of you non-brits expect (it seems that we're expected to either be cockney or talk like the Queen) but are the subtitles really necessary?

Did anyone find them difficult to understand?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Sometimes they were, like when they were drinking, but they did the same thing for Drago in season 4.

Comment

I as a non English speaking guy had no problem understanding them... but one of my English teachers at University was a guy from Ireland so you figure it.
      Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
      Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
      Renzo Gracie NYC
      New York Combat Sambo

Comment

I never had a problem...I thought it was kind of insulting, actually.

Comment

Insulting to the fighters or the public?

I felt that it was a little patronising to the American public
          " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

Pointon had his moments when he was a bit tough to understand, Bisping not so much. Overall though the subtitles were not needed.

Comment

The only time I ever needed some subs was in "no country for old men" boy that was some hard shit those hill billy red necks, I was challenged...
              Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
              Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
              Renzo Gracie NYC
              New York Combat Sambo

Comment

Originally posted by Asriel
                I felt that it was a little patronising to the American public
                I thought the assumption of literacy was quite gracious.

Comment

(it seems that we're expected to either be cockney or talk like the Queen)
                  Pffft. Every American knows, and this is a damn fact mind you, that all British people talk like The Blue Meanie from Yellow Submarine.

YouTube - Yellow Submarine Part 1
                  Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X