No announcement yet.

Shorinji kempo is the ultimate martial art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jesus christ, now I have to learn how to revive the fucking person?

Comment

Yeah that's Bando-sensei, another high-profile SK instructor from Japan. I've heard stories that he wouldn't teach students outside of Japan, because he didn't want his methods and techniques to spread too far in the world. Not a surprising attitude, seeing as the World Shorinji Kempo Organization refuses to allow the central SK book written by the founder Doshin So to be translated into any languages other than Japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by Skepticus View Post
        Yeah, and that's what makes SK, and a lot of other TMAs, bullshido in my books. They market themselves as practical, effective forms of self-defense, which they are not. It sucks a lot of people in, and some people unfortunately don't learn that their martial arts practice is all bunk until they get their head kicked in somewhere on the street. You at least can admit that there are better ways to train realistically, so I can only assume that you're studying your martial art for reasons other than self-defense. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it's the familiar old TMA feeling of superiority: we "MMA knuckleheads" are seen as big dumb guys who spend hours hitting the heavy bag, not interested in the subtler points of your zen philosophy/martial arts ethics/ways to improve the world by training together in martial arts/*insert other philosophy here*. Why not just take a philosophy or religion class at your local college or university then, and take your love of martial arts and study one or two that are actually effective?
        Most arrogant post ever?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X