Georgia, hotbed for bullshido

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Georgia, hotbed for bullshido

I know that i'm a nooblette in MA and posting in general. But, i do need opinions and information on martial arts in Georgia. This is the state i , unfortunatly depending on how you look at it, am born and raised in. I have been trying to find a martial arts school for a long time now, but since i have been a member of bullshido, i am cautious of what these martial arts schools claim to have and teach. I wanted to learn chinese MA when i was younger, and tried "preying mantis" for a day. The school was a joke. It was mostly gymnastic exercies, horse stance etc. My cousin, who had experience in TKD, asked about kicking techniques. the instructor said this "no, we kick to kill"......can you believe that shit? anyways, that's it. i'll post more later.

Hi,

There are more than a few folk from Georgia who post on the site.

They seem to do ok for decent schools.

BTW, for your thread to be in MABS, you should be calling BS on a particular school, with links to web-sites etc.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Comment

i know. are there any legit chinese MA schools in georgia? i only know of two that may be good. chien hong and walker's kung fu.

Comment

Originally posted by 2003jl
        i know. are there any legit chinese MA schools in georgia? i only know of two that may be good. chien hong and walker's kung fu.
        How many have you personally sampled?

I don't mean word of mouth, actual personal experience.

By what standard are you guaging the quality?
        If you can't laugh at yourself,
        Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Comment

based on word of mouth. i haven't been able to gauge either school.

Comment

I wasn't born here, but after 20 years I've noticed one thing about Georgia . . . it's a state. States contain cities, towns, what have you and in those cities or towns people live. This might seem rudimentary, but I thought it might be worth noting since you have made no mention of what part of the fricking state you live in.

If you're in Atlanta, then I have a friend of a friend that does some form of Kung-Fu and I can ask him where\what he studies and if he likes it.

Comment

YMAS,

Plz!

:angry2:
              If you can't laugh at yourself,
              Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Comment

by standard, are they legit? do they teach techniques that work etc. like i said, i want to be sure if they do. i don't want the mcdojo experience that other martial artists had to go through before they found a school that they were happy with.

Comment

the atlanta area. if you could ask your friend, i would really appreciate it.

Comment

I hear Alliance is starting up a kung fu program. I'd go ask about it. Walker Mantis sucks by the way.

Comment

There are tons of BJJ and Kickboxing schools in the Altanta area. Stop screwing around with Kung Fu and go to one.

Comment

walker sucks? what did they do? i'm just asking, i don't know much about them or the school. i know according to the website that they teach different stlyes.

Comment

is shidokan good?

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMac
                            I wasn't born here, but after 20 years I've noticed one thing about Georgia . . . it's a state. States contain cities, towns, what have you and in those cities or towns people live. This might seem rudimentary, but I thought it might be worth noting since you have made no mention of what part of the fricking state you live in.

If you're in Atlanta, then I have a friend of a friend that does some form of Kung-Fu and I can ask him where\what he studies and if he likes it.
                            Full of win

Comment

check my school review---------------------------------------^
                              In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X