Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killer Umbrellas

AKA: YouTube - THE ORIGINAL Scary 'Mary Poppins' Recut Trailer

According to a recent post at Gizmondo (Link), the Philippine secret service has been using the 'Unbreakable Fighting Umbrella' for those rainy days. Apparently these things run for $180, function as a club, and keep you dry.

http://uk.YouTube - Self-defense Unbreakable Umbrella from Real-Self-Defense.com

And the Philippines stole it from this guy:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Penguin.jpg
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	4323496

Comment

I'd prefer to have one of these:
      http://www.pimall.com/nais/umbrelllasword.html

Comment

Originally posted by CodosDePiedra
        I'd prefer to have one of these:
        http://www.pimall.com/nais/umbrelllasword.html
        My grand father used to walk around town with the walking stick version.

Comment

Originally posted by WorldWarCheese
          My grand father used to walk around town with the walking stick version.
          I do that sometimes, especially when I'm traveling/visiting a new city for the first time, or at night.
          Check out the Bullshido.net Western Martial Arts Forum for all things Western, martial and arty.

Bartitsu: the Gentlemanly Art of Self Defence (est. 1899)

Comment

Better check the legality of the concealed blades laws then, if you already haven't. Granted there's about as little chance of you needing it as you getting in trouble for having it (or of it even being found out), but if you're going to play the safe side with a broadsword (er... stick sword) then you might as well play it safe with the law.

Then again, most cops in my suburban little town wouldn't actually know the law to deal with that sort of thing and some might even have the "WHOA COOL!" reaction.

Comment

I think this umbrella is for the larpers. Why are we bothering again?

Comment

Originally posted by cuatro76
                [ATTACH]9287[/ATTACH]
                "Get up Rock, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

Comment

Oh, and unbreakable is all fine and dandy, but can it fly?

Or talk?

Comment

Originally posted by WorldWarCheese
                    Better check the legality of the concealed blades laws then, if you already haven't. Granted there's about as little chance of you needing it as you getting in trouble for having it (or of it even being found out), but if you're going to play the safe side with a broadsword (er... stick sword) then you might as well play it safe with the law.

Then again, most cops in my suburban little town wouldn't actually know the law to deal with that sort of thing and some might even have the "WHOA COOL!" reaction.
                    Ah - no, I meant I sometimes carry a regular, strong walking stick, not a sword cane.

My grandmother was once passing through customs with a walking cane she'd bought in Italy, and suddenly a stiletto blade slipped out of it. She had no idea she'd bought a concealed weapon. Fortunately, the customs guys were understanding (this was decades before 9/11).
                    Check out the Bullshido.net Western Martial Arts Forum for all things Western, martial and arty.

Comment

Shileileighs [sp???] are fucking awesome. If I ever visit Ireland I plan on getting one and carrying it around everywhere.

Comment

I visited an Irish heritage festival today and saw one old gent walking with a very fine shillelagh. Those sold in gift shops (including in Ireland) tend to be seriously crappy, though - it's hard to find anyone who makes them the old-school way.

BTW, Cold Steel offers a polypropylene shillelagh that's gotten decent reviews on some Irish stick fighting forums - http://www.coldsteel.com/91pbs.html

Comment

Polypropylene is all fine and good, but if I get a shillelagh [ah, so that's how it's spelt] then I'm going all out for the fine wood.

Comment

I had hoped this thread was about killer umbrellas, awesome man-bags and wonderful shoes.

I am woefully dismayed.
                            Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by cuatro76
                              http://www.bullshido.net/forums/atta...achmentid=9287
                              No wonder, because this dude was also that dude:

www.childsplaycharity.org

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X