Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racer X: Shotokan stylist?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Racer X: Shotokan stylist?

    I saw the movie "Speed Racer" with my son last month.

    In the scene where Racer X is being atttacked by ninjas, was he using Shotokan? It seemed he was using a solid stance and strong power moves.

    Can any one comment on this?

    Thanks.

    #2
    Originally posted by Ten-ten
    I saw the movie "Speed Racer" with my son last month.

    In the scene where Racer X is being atttacked by ninjas, was he using Shotokan? It seemed he was using a solid stance and strong power moves.

    Can any one comment on this?

    Thanks.
    Are you saying he was really heavy and low in his stance and used single killing strikes to finish off ninjas ?

    Because if so then of course it was Shotokan . It is one of the best ways to kill ninjas .

    Comment


      #3
      How long will it take for these kung fu fights in non-kung fu hollywood films to die from cunt cancer?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by tharuz
        How long will it take for these kung fu fights in non-kung fu hollywood films to die from cunt cancer?
        A better question is how long will it take for Hollywood to stop making shitty movies like Speed Racer?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by escrimador6
          A better question is how long will it take for Hollywood to stop making shitty movies like Speed Racer?
          Never.

          Hollywood's full of scientologists.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by tharuz
            Never.

            Hollywood's full of scientologists.
            Hollywood is full of greedy assholes and the world is full of people with crappy taste in movies.

            Comment


              #7
              Actually, Shotokan was developed for the specific purpose of killing ninjas.

              At a time when Japan was controlled by ninja tyranny, Gichin Funakoshi knowing that most ninjas trained nothing but defense vs. a single lunge punch their entire lives, developed a new technique called the reverse punch for which the ninjas had no known defense. In all Gichin slayed over 50 ninjas, after which he chopped off most of their horns with knife hand strikes for keepsakes.
              Last edited by maofas; 7/02/2008 3:46pm, .

              Comment


                #8
                You mean this?

                YouTube - Speed Racer - Clip "Ninja Attack"

                That's plain old Movie Fu

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by escrimador6
                  Hollywood is full of greedy assholes and the world is full of people with crappy taste in movies.
                  To be fair to the dumbass vox populi, most people don't know what they're going to get until after they see the movie.

                  Just look at the shitfest that was Cloverfield, fucking camera made me dizzy, and there was no other decent option to watch.

                  Of course, motherfuckers who go see "Speed Racer" have no excuse.

                  I'd rather go see wall-e than that shit.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I think that fight scene was a nod to the fighting in the Matrix, as even the soundtrack for that scene seems oddly familiar, but that could just be me. Not shotokan. Sorry.

                    Actually, I really liked the CGI and the slick direction of Speed Racer. For anyone going "huh?" to that, you actually had to be in the theater watching it, or you just don't know.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by nomamao
                      or you just don't know.
                      I'm okay with not knowing. I hated the cartoon and I hated The Matrix.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by nomamao
                        I think that fight scene was a nod to the fighting in the Matrix, as even the soundtrack for that scene seems oddly familiar, but that could just be me. Not shotokan. Sorry.

                        Actually, I really liked the CGI and the slick direction of Speed Racer. For anyone going "huh?" to that, you actually had to be in the theater watching it, or you just don't know.
                        Fuck You.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          If it makes you guys feel any better, Pops Racer uses Greco-Roman Wrestling to toss the ninjas around.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            And for the record, I did like "Speed Racer." It was diverting enough, and I really dug the visual style.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by escrimador6
                              I'm okay with not knowing. I hated the cartoon and I hated The Matrix.

                              Hey, If you didn't like the cartoon (first anime to cross over to American audiences) or the Matrix (ground-breaking special effects and a post-apocalyptic/cyberpunk masterpiece) then I guess you'd really be happy not to see Speed Racer. You did yourself a favor in not going.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X