Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tharuz
    Lies.
    Yes, we all know that is all you ever post.

I'm straight
    ????

butt plug
    All i know is that speed racer has always been gay and has always annoyed me.

No judgment...??? I'm just saying.

Comment

Fuck you, I'm a Dragon!

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Miracleman
        You shut your mouth! You shut your GODDAMN MOUTH!
        I can give you a four step formula for making your very own speed racer episodes.

1. Look in a mirror

2. Slowly move towards it, and without changing your facial expression, think about what's going on

3. Occasionally throw in something blowing up, or the bad guy getting sucker punched, or a monkey doing something stupid

4. Repeat.

Before anyone says anything I HAVE seen Speed Racer. Toonami used to play it EVERY DAY as soon as I got home from school. I mean, come on, I was waiting for the god awful Freiza saga to end, they had been fighting for 2030498 episodes already, but I had to sit through every god awful Speed racer episode just to see more disappointing dragon ball z episodes. God damn you, cartoon network.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBadGuy
          I can give you a four step formula for making your very own speed racer episodes.

1. Look in a mirror

2. Slowly move towards it, and without changing your facial expression, think about what's going on

3. Occasionally throw in something blowing up, or the bad guy getting sucker punched, or a monkey doing something stupid

4. Repeat.

Before anyone says anything I HAVE seen Speed Racer. Toonami used to play it EVERY DAY as soon as I got home from school. I mean, come on, I was waiting for the god awful Freiza saga to end, they had been fighting for 2030498 episodes already, but I had to sit through every god awful Speed racer episode just to see more disappointing dragon ball z episodes. God damn you, cartoon network.
          2030499 episodes sir.

Comment

Now that I think about it, that fight scene did actually have maneuvers reminiscient of karate mcdojo- x blocks for both kicks and punches, forearm blocks, etc etc.
            Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
            Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Comment

For the record, he is Racer X. If he didn't use X blocks, it would be massively disappointing.

Comment

I never saw the movie clip before. If you want a serious post, somewhat-official answer on Shotokan-ness: you can't call that Shotokan, but I could definitely see how someone with a little experience with it could see Shotokan in it.

There are a lot of pretty generic karate poses in there--just static poses though, the movement is just random hollywood whatever. If you did any form of karate with long-ish stances you might recognize some elements.

If you have a random actor who isn't a martial artist in a fight scene...long stances are at least pleasing to the eye if you can do anything cool for the cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by escrimador6
                  Popularity does not always mean quality. Look at the popular music currently flying off the shelves or, since we are on an MA site, elements of the MA community. Does the success of WTF and ATA TKD mean that they are great martial arts? What about Wing Chung?

This is easily the funniest post in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by maofas
                    I never saw the movie clip before. If you want a serious post, somewhat-official answer on Shotokan-ness: you can't call that Shotokan, but I could definitely see how someone with a little experience with it could see Shotokan in it.

There are a lot of pretty generic karate poses in there--just static poses though, the movement is just random hollywood whatever. If you did any form of karate with long-ish stances you might recognize some elements.

If you have a random actor who isn't a martial artist in a fight scene...long stances are at least pleasing to the eye if you can do anything cool for the cameras.
                    I'd rather chalk it up to the Wachowski's snatching the stuff they learned during their time on the Matrix trilogy and "putting their mark" on this movie. I could easily be wrong, though.

Comment

Originally posted by nomamao
                      This is easily the funniest post in this thread.
                      Thanks. I was just following your line of reasoning that the popularity of something is a measurement of its quality.

That being said, we are pretty much trying to argue over opinion. You like Speed Racer and The Matrix, I don't. Like you said, agree to disagree.
                      Last edited by escrimador6; 7/02/2008 10:24am, .

Comment

Originally posted by socratic
                        Now that I think about it, that fight scene did actually have maneuvers reminiscient of karate mcdojo- x blocks for both kicks and punches, forearm blocks, etc etc.
                        Are you kidding? Even Cung Le endorses the X block. He noted being surprised that Shamrock deflected his high kicks with one arm because he teaches his students to always block with two arms. I use an X block to defend everything, even armbars. True story.

Comment

Hollywood is full of greedy assholes and the world is full of people with crappy taste in movies.
                          Uhm isn't that synonymous with sciencetolgoist?
                          ______
                          Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                          -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                          The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                          -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by Gezere
                            Uhm isn't that synonymous with sciencetolgoist?
                            True, but it's not exclusive to them.

Comment

Originally posted by nomamao
                              Hey, If you didn't like the cartoon (first anime to cross over to American audiences) or the Matrix (ground-breaking special effects and a post-apocalyptic/cyberpunk masterpiece) then I guess you'd really be happy not to see Speed Racer. You did yourself a favor in not going.
                              WRONG. Astro Boy, 8 Man, Marine boy and Gigantor all predate SPEED RACER (MACH GO GO GO) being shown in syndication in the US

*Fucking douche should know his anime history. GOSH!*
                              ______
                              Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                              -Daniel Tosh

Comment

True, but it's not exclusive to them.
                                Give it time and they will make it exclusive. They wish to control everything!!!!!
                                ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X