• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tharuz
    Fuck You.

Be gentle.

Comment

Originally posted by nomamao
      Hey, If you didn't like the cartoon (first anime to cross over to American audiences) or the Matrix (ground-breaking special effects and a post-apocalyptic/cyberpunk masterpiece) then I guess you'd really be happy not to see Speed Racer. You did yourself a favor in not going.
      Just because something is first does not make it good by default. There are far, far superior anime series out there. As for the Matrix, I'll admit that the special effects were groundbreaking but it wasn't a masterpiece by any sense of the word, post-apocalyptic or not.

Comment

How long will it take for these kung fu fights in non-kung fu hollywood films to die from cunt cancer?
        Ninjas+shotokan=kung fu?

Oh, sorry, missed those dots, never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake
          Ninjas+shotokan=kung fu?

Oh, sorry, missed those dots, never mind.
          Yes, kung fu is a general broad term for martial arts in cinema just as karate is a broad term for martial arts IRL

therefore, kung fu= shotokan+ninjas and any other variables.

not that you would learn anything with that butt plug stuck up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by escrimador6
            Just because something is first does not make it good by default. There are far, far superior anime series out there. As for the Matrix, I'll admit that the special effects were groundbreaking but it wasn't a masterpiece by any sense of the word, post-apocalyptic or not.
            The show where Racer X reveals his identity to Speed Racer was selected by TV Guide as one of the most memorable moments in TV history. It's somehow been around on TV for at least the last 15 years in some form, has made its way into various car commercials, parodied by popular cartoon shows (Robot Chicken, Family Guy, Fairly Oddparents, etc.), the theme song was sung in the first episode of SCRUBS, and even Ghostface Killa put Speed Racer to music in one of his videos. It's like Speed Racer has almost become a piece of Americana.

Obviously, it was one of the first anime franchises to be successful back in the late 60s, and somehow stood the test of time to still be enough of a hit to merit a movie that didn't go straight to DVD. I'll just agree to disagree with your first point. Ditto your second.
            Last edited by nomamao; 7/01/2008 5:45pm, .

Comment

Death Note is the only adult anime that doesn't make you a bitch.

/thread.

Comment

Yes, kung fu is a general broad term for martial arts in cinema just as karate is a broad term for martial arts IRL

therefore, kung fu= shotokan+ninjas and any other variables.

not that you would learn anything with that butt plug stuck up your ass.
                No, but that's okay, I keep forgetting you are a troll account.

Comment

Originally posted by nomamao
                  The show where Racer X reveals his identity to Speed Racer was selected by TV Guide as one of the most memorable moments in TV history. It's somehow been around on TV for at least the last 15 years in some form, has made its way into various car commercials, parodied by popular cartoon shows (Robot Chicken, Family Guy, Fairly Oddparents, etc.), the theme song was sung in the first episode of SCRUBS, and even Ghostface Killa put Speed Racer to music in one of his videos. It's like Speed Racer has almost become a piece of Americana.

Obviously, it was one of the first anime franchises to be successful back in the late 60s, and somehow stood the test of time to still be enough of a hit to merit a movie that didn't go straight to DVD. I'll just agree to disagree with your first point. Ditto your second.
                  Popularity does not always mean quality. Look at the popular music currently flying off the shelves or, since we are on an MA site, elements of the MA community. Does the success of WTF and ATA TKD mean that they are great martial arts? What about Wing Chung?
                  Last edited by escrimador6; 7/01/2008 6:35pm, .

Comment

All i know is that speed racer has always been gay and has always annoyed me.

Comment

Escrimador6 bad poster stop. Stop right now.

Comment

Escrimador6 bad poster stop. Stop right now.
                        Speed Racer fan?

Comment

Has anyone watched speed racer recently? It's horrible! Gintama >>>>> Speed Racer.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBadGuy
                            Has anyone watched speed racer recently? It's horrible! Gintama >>>>> Speed Racer.
                            You shut your mouth! You shut your GODDAMN MOUTH!

Comment

Originally posted by escrimador6
                              Speed Racer fan?
                              Nope.

Comment

Nope.
                                Lies.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X