Anyone explain this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone explain this?

So whilst rummaging through the net senselessly as you would do when your a student with nothing better to do after a 3 hour band rehearsal for a gig next week, I cam across this (again, spotted it before i think):

YouTube - Fastest punches - 6-7 per second!!

Anyone explain how, in reality, this could be used in a real scenario? Would people even through vast years or relative training be able to land THAT many strikes that would effectively take down somebody whilst the adrenaline is working overtime? I mean fuck yeah, they're fast as lightning, but could there be THAT much power behind them, or would they tie in with the "dead weight" technique that I recently picked up upon (but don't know an awful lot about thanks to the BBC).

Viewpoints anyone? Tea? Biscuit?

P.S. I've no idea why it came up twice...
    Last edited by Steve; 6/26/2008 9:33pm, . Reason: cleaned up video embedding

Welcome to bullshido. This video has been posted and laughed at already.

[sarcasm]Yeah a new WC thread.[/sarcasm]

Actually hooks are easy to block. Just raise your arm and catch it on the inside, punching back or elbow with the free arm. Actually hooks are easy to block. Just raise your arm and catch it on the inside, punching back or elbow with the free arm. Secondly Hooks expose your centreline so it wouuld be easy to rush in and get a clinch and takedown. The wider the hook (haymakers) the more telegraphed (easy to see and avoid). Haymakers generally are the less intelligent method of punching, used by brawlers and knuckleheads.
    Please tell me you didn't post this quote.

Comment

gasp!

the legendary white varrot!

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake
        Welcome to bullshido. This video has been posted and laughed at already.

[sarcasm]Yeah a new WC thread.[/sarcasm]

Please tell me you didn't post this quote.
        If I had have posted that quote I would have tied myself up and sat in a throw-down, and allow free reign on people kicking my ass.

What was the general haw-hawing at it before? Is it just a shit vid or what?

Comment

What do you think?

I'll find the thread for you after you answer??

Comment

I want to see the original festivities on this video! The YouTube comments are painful...I can hardly even bear to troll them.

Comment

Give me a few. It was buried in a typical crapfest WC YMAS thread.

Comment

Why is he slapping that guy? Wouldn't hitting him be more effetive? I'll wait for you to answer It Is Fake's question so I can see the original thread.

Comment

Nice. I tried using the search function with the YouTube identifier but no dice.

Everybody should check out some of the videos linked from that one. I lauged heartily at the "dynamic kicking" video that YT tagged as related.

Comment

My honest opinion? I think the guy might as well take a seat beside me if he considers those strikes to be effective.

To me they look choreographed, too planned, no afterthought for what would happen if. No signs of forward thinking if a strike fails, plus, the other guy is standing there taking it, if it were real sparring or fighting I couldn't see those punches happening if the odds were 100/1 and all the gold in the Vatican was put on it.

I think the idea of a well placed strike to a pressure point or "sweet spot" anywhere on the head isn't in the vid at all.

In retrospect, the guy could be trying to aim for most of the pressure points around the head and neck to shatter the guy and hinder any further movement from him, but that again would require, in my opinion, unreal strength as well as accuracy, which lets face it, at that speed, is hard to imagine..

But then again it's been 6 years since I fully practiced striking or martial arts and I'm only trying otoget back in now, and I could just be talking crap...

Comment

Ummm...stop please? Think carefully before you start defending things with "maybe it's pressure points." Lurk a few years before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGalt
                        Ummm...stop please? Think carefully before you start defending things with "maybe it's pressure points." Lurk a few years before posting.
                        Again, it's been a very long while, it was a hunch and nothing more, it's not like i'm putting the vid in slow mo and whipping out the anatomy chart on this, I just wanted explanation from a) those more experienced or b) those more knowledgeable with this vid...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishCoffee
                          My honest opinion? I think the guy might as well take a seat beside me if he considers those strikes to be effective.

To me they look choreographed, too planned, no afterthought for what would happen if. No signs of forward thinking if a strike fails, plus, the other guy is standing there taking it, if it were real sparring or fighting I couldn't see those punches happening if the odds were 100/1 and all the gold in the Vatican was put on it.

I think the idea of a well placed strike to a pressure point or "sweet spot" anywhere on the head isn't in the vid at all.

In retrospect, the guy could be trying to aim for most of the pressure points around the head and neck to shatter the guy and hinder any further movement from him, but that again would require, in my opinion, unreal strength as well as accuracy, which lets face it, at that speed, is hard to imagine..

But then again it's been 6 years since I fully practiced striking or martial arts and I'm only trying otoget back in now, and I could just be talking crap...
                          Okay, As some one who spent years on pressure points I'll give you some advice, that speed wouldn't hit anything at all.

He couldn't focus on a pressure point at that speed. That is if you believe in pressure points as a legit style in and of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishCoffee
                            Again, it's been a very long while, it was a hunch and nothing more, it's not like i'm putting the vid in slow mo and whipping out the anatomy chart on this, I just wanted explanation from a) those more experienced or b) those more knowledgeable with this vid...
                            I have trouble believing you're really irish...

Pressure points?

GTFO of my internet.

Comment

Originally posted by tharuz
                              I have trouble believing you're really irish...

Pressure points?

GTFO of my internet.
                              of should = off

And at least it's cleared up for me a bit. Any links to any original threads about this video?

And I wouldn't know enough about pressure point styled fighting to deem it legitimate or not... though that's probably half obvious by now...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X