Bill Duff vs. The Black Taoist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Duff vs. The Black Taoist

Word on the str33t has it that Bill Duff will be fighting (MMA) The Black Taoist. A youtube video giving general details about the fight was made private this afternoon and is no longer available.
    http://www.youtube.com/browse?&sessi...VpCCjBdE3DgpE=

Will post any updates to this dramatic story.

Originally posted by NJM
    Will post any updates to this dramatic story.

Oh no, by all means: Don't.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Originally posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry motherfucker... Budo monkeh.

Comment

Isnt Black Taoist kind of an oxymoron?

Genghis Kahn vs. GSP

New thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulgar42Ox
        Isnt Black Taoist kind of an oxymoron?

Genghis Kahn vs. GSP

New thread.
        sure a hell of a better fight than the onbe you put up against that fatass who stole your Wii.

Comment

I'd like to see bagua in an MMA match...
          I'm not really familiar with the black daoist or his lineage though so it might not be a very good showing for anyone...*shrug*

Comment

Bill Duff via pro football

Comment

Duff would kill that moron in an MMA fight.

Comment

Isn't the black taoist the moron that posted the youtube video of how to knee the tailbone from guard and practically swept himself in the process? That would be awesome.

Comment

i just wish he was actually fighting a pro mma fighter, because it would be a better test of his skill.

i think he has a decent chance of KO'ing duff, because BT is a good stand up fighter and bill duff is not a good fighter in any range.
                  "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
                  "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
                  "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
                  "Seriously, who gives a fuck what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Comment

Show me some vid of his sparring so I can judge whether he deserves to be called a "good standup fighter".

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaTrocity
                      Show me some vid of his sparring so I can judge whether he deserves to be called a "good standup fighter".
                      i don't have them, and wouldn't want to get involved anyway.

i couldn't care less how you judge his standup, but the guy has fought at least 2 challenge matches in a ring under full contact sanda rules and has won them by KO. i got this info from people i know well and trust, but i don't expect you to take my word for it.

is he a loudmouth? yes.
                      is he ignorant when it comes to mma and grappling? yes.
                      would i like to see his skills tested under mma rules? oh, hell yes.
                      do i think that bill duff is the guy to do it? no. i want someone who is really, really good to do it. like the pro mma fighter that BT challenged, nick something?
                      "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
                      "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
                      "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
                      "Seriously, who gives a fuck what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Comment

Well he has no sparring video on his youtube account.

Anyways, numbers count for nothing. Until you see someone in action you know basically nothing about them. Perhaps he KOed two scrawny white guys with pony tails and "VING TSUN" tshirts.

Everyone knows that you cant take a kung fu practitioners claims about someones "standup" at face value because...well...it should be obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming Loyalist
                          i couldn't care less how you judge his standup, but the guy has fought at least 2 challenge matches in a ring under full contact sanda rules and has won them by KO. i got this info from people i know well and trust, but i don't expect you to take my word for it.
                          Does every loudmouth KF guy have the SAME fucking stories about these closed-door matches they have fought in that cannot be verified?
                          "Through the centuries, the Jews have endured terrible persecution, and you know that. We've all read it, studied it. They've gone through a lot. And those seeking their destruction, we will seek their destruction." -President Donald Trump, spewing his Nazi, racist, anti-Semitism.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaTrocity
                            Everyone knows that you cant take a kung fu practitioners claims about someones "standup" at face value because...well...it should be obvious.
                            sure, or you could realize that the kung fu guy in question (me) is a sanda coach, cross-trains mma, watches sport fighting obsessively, and has been a forum member and throwdown organizer for several years.

but of course, cause i'm a "kung fu practitioner" i don't know what i'm talking about.

look. i'm not a fan of the guy, i think he makes kung fu look bad, but i think if he faces a tomato can like bill duff he might win, and that would be too bad, cause a real mma fighter would most likely beat the shit out of him.

get it?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65
                              Does every loudmouth KF guy have the SAME fucking stories about these closed-door matches they have fought in that cannot be verified?
                              probably. this one happens to be true, as far as i can tell. and after a number of years of being a straight shooter around here i would think that my word might count for something.

however, in the end, i couldn't care less, and don't want to argue with you about it for no good reason.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X