Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Phil
    replied
    Cowboy bebop has some good fight scenes, not rly a martial arts comic tho, Fist of the north star!

Leave a comment:

• Odacon
    replied
    Has anyone mentioned Kaze from Gantz? There's a good chance he'd kick the living crap out of any other manga character.

Leave a comment:

• Elemental Fist
    replied
    Originally posted by Vulgar42Ox
    90% of anime has the most contrived storylines. The art is usually something an 8th grader can pull off. I just cant stand it, I'm sorry.
    I don't think even a 10th grader can pull off a Hayao Miyazaki style or even a Tezuka style.

Leave a comment:

• CWmax
    replied
    Originally posted by moonwatcher
    you guys should check out vagabond....its about miyamoto musashi. Features flying limbs, general mayhem and I suppose a quest for self actualization.

Best Comic Ever!

Leave a comment:

• MrBadGuy
    replied
    All bullshit aside, that is truly a quality catch phrase. You're back on top, Q-dizzle.

Leave a comment:

• The Question
    replied
    Originally posted by moonwatcher
    I can't believe things are getting this serious over japanese cartoons.
    And I can't believe it's not butter. Like for real, it's not butter? It's not motherfucking butter?

Leave a comment:

• Squerlli
    replied
    Gantz and Battle Royale are FUCKED UP.

Excellent reads though, but still FUCKED UP.

Leave a comment:

• MrBadGuy
    replied
    If you see Q comin better set aside;
    Cause a lot of men didn't, and a lot of men died.

Leave a comment:

• moonwatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by The Question
    This idea has been expressed so many times before, by many people. The streets are littered with their corpses.

Watch your back.
    I can't believe things are getting this serious over japanese cartoons.

Leave a comment:

• The Question
    replied
    You watch a lot of anime. Watching alot of anime = hentai. Be ashamed of yourself
    This idea has been expressed so many times before, by many people. The streets are littered with their corpses.

Watch your back.

Leave a comment:

• moonwatcher
    replied
    You watch a lot of anime. Watching alot of anime = hentai. Be ashamed of yourself
    watching a lot of anime = otaku
    hentai means pervert

Leave a comment:

• MrBadGuy
    replied
    See, your post further supports my previous hypothesis! Thank you, Scientific theory/process.

Leave a comment:

• Vulgar42Ox
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBadGuy
    100% of the things you think are dumb, gay, or ugly.

Leave a comment:

• Vulgar42Ox
    replied
    Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
    Wait a second... anime is popular now? Sweet, no more treating it as taboo in conversation!

On a more serious note, anime itself isn't bad. It's merely a medium for creative expression. There are some very good anime, both for entertainment and to provoke thought. However, there are lots of bad ones too. Really, hating anime would be like hating film since you've seen Manos: The Hands of Fate. Really, once you've seen that movie, the next movie you watch will seem amazing.
    Anime "itself" isnt bad, I agree. From the anime I've witnessed from dating a girl obsessed with it, it features the most contrived story lines ever created, the art is usually something and 8th grader could pull off. I saw a couple episodes of Hellsing, which I liked. Bad ass intro music. My experience with people who are really into anime, is a disturbing one. Depending on who you assosciate with anime is pretty popular, but I wouldnt try to spark up conversations with strangers about anime the way I would about the New York Giants.

Leave a comment:

• MrBadGuy
    replied
    100% of the things you think are dumb, gay, or ugly.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X