Summer heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer heat

It's getting to that time of year when lightly fabreezing your gi and putting an air freshener in you gym bag won't cut it anymore (unless it is spearmint). Recently the weather has been hitting the mid 80's and it is going to be getting hotter with humidity, so I was wondering if I was at one of the few places that had no air conditioning (or even fans) or if that's pretty common for most of you folks?

Dude, I don't understand your question
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

He is asking if your dojo has an aircondition or not... :eusa_shhh
      Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
      Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
      Renzo Gracie NYC
      New York Combat Sambo

Comment

Oh, wow, mid 80's... Thats what? 30 degrees? Even with humidity, pfft...

Anyway, our dojo has an air con. Thats pretty much a must round here though- everyone in my area has an aircon. Usually an inset duct sytem or some sweet refrigeration, but i could live without it during training, you get hot and sweaty either way.

I suggest actually washing your gi and other gear and maybe stop sniffing the people you roll/spar with... ;)
        Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??.........................​My work here is done.

Comment

We don't have air con and are two levels underground. People are sweating before the warm up even starts and we must lose litres of water when training.
          " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

Originally posted by Asriel
            We don't have air con and are two levels underground. People are sweating before the warm up even starts and we must lose litres of water when training.

Gross.

And yes, I wash my gi but unfortunately not everyone holds that viewpoint (something about getting your belt to turn black I suppose).

Comment

Originally posted by nightowl
              And yes, I wash my gi but unfortunately not everyone holds that viewpoint (something about getting your belt to turn black I suppose).
              Tell those mother fuckers they can wash the gi and your are not supposed to wash your belt. Disgusting...
              PS: we have/had no AC at any of my current or previous training facilities.
              Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
              Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
              Renzo Gracie NYC
              New York Combat Sambo

Comment

We have air,fans, and a water cooler......life is great!!!

Comment

O.P.,

Do you or do you not wash your gi every time you roll? If you do, then your clean gi shouldn't get stinky in your gym bag (are you putting the stinky gi back in the gym bag to take it home? Get a non-mesh laundry bag for this bacteria garden to keep it from contaminating your gym bag).

If you don't wash your gi after each use, you're the smelly guy in class. Everyone talks about you behind your back and rolls their eyes when they have to train with you.

We have A.C., but we still wash our gi's instead of febrezing.

Comment

Originally posted by Skillful

If you don't wash your gi after each use, you're the smelly guy in class.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.
                    Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??.........................​My work here is done.

Comment

I train in Phoenix, AZ. Forecast for tomorrow is a high of 109.
                      No AC- by the end of class it feels cooler outside than inside.

Comment

Originally posted by syberia
                        Oh, wow, mid 80's... Thats what? 30 degrees? Even with humidity, pfft...
                        Don't underestimate humidity. I'm in Florida where it is ridiculously humid. Anything above 80 is unbearable, whereas when I was England during the 100 degree summer, it felt fine because of the low humidity. I hate the weather here, it's 95 right now and I feel like a pizza in an oven or some similar analogy.

Comment

I hate Al Gore

Comment

Every time I wash my gi it turns to cardboard/sandpaper.

I really should look into some kind of fabric softener, but, I'm afraid it would make me soft!

Comment

Originally posted by Granto
                              Every time I wash my gi it turns to cardboard/sandpaper.

I really should look into some kind of fabric softener, but, I'm afraid it would make me soft!
                              Nancy.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X