Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self Defense Ads by Google: The greatest shame to MA I've ever read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jj77
    It just goes to show you that there is so much BS and crap on MAS and SD on the internet. People want the r33l d34l on how to be a bada$$ and be great at SD just by taking some course from the internet instead of finding a reputable MA school close to them and checking it out. Now having said that, how many Mcdojo's can one find close to their homes? That's the other thing a person has to consider and find the answer to in order to avoid being taken by some "master" in SD or MA....

Comment

Where in montreal are you at? I'm currently living/training in the west island.

Comment

Originally posted by benheazle
        Where in montreal are you at? I'm currently living/training in the west island.
        I sadly don't live there anymore...although I still have family in Laval and go there often, I don't live there anymore... Right now I live in Lachute, it's a small rural town on the way to Ontario. pretty quiet, but the Vandalism and crime rate is pretty high...

Comment

Yeah, small town quebec has always intimidated me, mainly because my french is shite despite having spent the vast majority of my life here... that and I don't like my red wine and ciggarettes enough to fit in.

Comment

People need to stop being so fucking gullible, too. You can't place all the blame on the con artists. Even if you know dick about martial arts, you should be able to spot the logical holes in a guarantee that "YOU can beat up ANYONE in the WHOLE WORLD!"

Comment

Originally posted by benheazle
              Yeah, small town quebec has always intimidated me, mainly because my french is shite despite having spent the vast majority of my life here... that and I don't like my red wine and ciggarettes enough to fit in.

Comment

Originally posted by jj77
                Now having said that, how many Mcdojo's can one find close to their homes?
                A handful. Probably... 3 off the top of my head, one of which is a tang soo do joint my brother goes to. Every time I walk in the door, they actually shove a gi in my face. Literally. I'll be sitting there after taiji watching my little brother's class perform with bad unsolid form and not be corrected, and over comes Master ____ with a gi and a contract for me. No way.

Oh, and it's 4 if you count Tiger Schlumann's as a Mcdojo.

Comment

Meh, again I'm a city boy, around here they're all pot smoking popped collar wearing yuppies too, it's just when I think La chute I think old school Quebec, very pure laine.

Comment

Did anyone else notice in the news story that he was a "former lieutenant" in the military but now he's "Captain Chris?" I mean, giving yourself an extra Dan grade or two when you form your own school is one thing, but seriously, jumping yourself a pay grade after discharge is on a HNL.
                    It seems to me that the Sanjuriu Martial Art is not in guestion, but, rather the character of Mr. Galt.
                    -AkidoMom

Comment

It would be great to make an infomercial claiming that learning to be a ninja would completely protect you from "Captain Chris" and his loyal traveling band of delusional martial tardists. You could make up stories about how when confronted during a Nazi meeting by "Captain Chris" and some of his henchmen, you were able to quickly eyepoke and nerve pinch them all into submision. Offer special discounts to roid raged bikers and their knife wielding girlfriends. Tell how your top student completely crushed a special forces team trained by "Captain Chris", and made them all cry and give up, just utilizing "ninja mind control tactics". Make it all out to be a competetive liar contest and lamest fighter demonstration filled with mucho suckiness. Kind of a literature based special olympics add campaign.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X