Bagua Brothers of Wu Dang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bagua Brothers of Wu Dang

Some of you may already be farmiliar with this, if you read the BET or underground forums, but for those who aren't Nick "the goat" Thompson has been going through a war of words with Novell G. Bell (of Iron RIng fame) and his buddy Maoshan. Maoshan (Bagua Kung Fu expert like his friend Novell) has basically called all of MMA out saying things like "any MMAer could be easily beaten by the basic technique of a properly trained practionaire of the art." All evidence of Kung Fu guys getting beaten down was dismissed because "none of them were real Kung Fu guys". The UFC wouldn't allow Kung Fu guys in the early days for fear of fatalities......etc.

Anyway Nick answered and offered a challenge. Maoshan refused saying he didn't have money to wager, Nick replied by offering a free fight with a bonus for winning (which Nick would pay himself) in Wisconsin under Vale Tudo rules. Maoshan refused saying he is the man basically and it has to be under his rules in Central Park (the most heavily patrolled park in the western world). He posted a challenge video to Nick and took it down days later claiming Nick was "bitching out". Below is the video in question edited with commentary added to give my interpretation of what the clown is really saying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC0PgWe-tyM
    Last edited by bigcharlie; 6/06/2008 5:40pm, .

Send in Black Taoist and have a Bagua gong sau.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Comment

Straight from the Rudy Able playbook.

Comment

"I'ma fuckin' daisy duke on ya!"

That's pure comedy gold.

Comment

Yes, MMA refused to allow Kung Fu because of fear of fatalities. It was the only rational decision they could make, given the widely reported epidemic of people being beaten to death by Kung Fu practitioners.

I've lost too many friends to Kung Fu to ever want anyone else to suffer like me. Sheesh.
          Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Grashnak
            I've lost too many friends to Kung Fu to ever want anyone else to suffer like me. Sheesh.
            Friends don't let friends train in kung fu.

Comment

C'mon guys... It's not all bad!!

Chili pepper, what about Bai ji quan or Hsing yi?
              "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the shit out of you.
              And when the shit's been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Comment

Originally posted by JingMerchant!
                C'mon guys... It's not all bad!!

Chili pepper, what about Bai ji quan or Hsing yi?
                Heh. Actually, I taught Shaolin 5-animals for many years (Hey Grashnak! You were a student of mine!) - my approach to CMA seemed to put me at odds with the more traditional teachers.

Anyway, never had the chance to try baji so can't comment there. My hsing-i training might have given me some fighting ability... in the sense that if I had to do pi-chuan up and down the kwoon one more fsking time I think I'd fly into a homicidal rage.

No, I don't think CMA etc, are inherently bad, but that if aliveness was added to their mix, they would change so drastically that they might not be recognizable as such anymore. In the end, ain't so much what you train in, as how you train it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili Pepper
                  Heh. Actually, I taught Shaolin 5-animals for many years (Hey Grashnak! You were a student of mine!) - my approach to CMA seemed to put me at odds with the more traditional teachers.
                  Stupid teachers.

True traditional teachers actually wanted you to spar.

No, I don't think CMA etc, are inherently bad, but that if aliveness was added to their mix, they would change so drastically that they might not be recognizable as such anymore. In the end, ain't so much what you train in, as how you train it.
                  Not completely true.

Comment

A style is defined by its training methodology as much as its techniques.

Comment

Are you guy's sure that ain't the guy from good times? DYNOMIIIITE!

Comment

this guy just makes a bad name for a cma-ers everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by YoungDragon
                          this guy just makes a bad name for a cma-ers everywhere
                          No he does'nt! he just makes himself look stupid for our entertainment.
                          :happy9:

Comment

Kung Fu is good it might not be what some people like but it is still good.

Comment

Amazing

It is not playing while embedded(just click the link) but check out the deadliness of Bagau

YouTube - Ba Gua Extravaganza
                              Last edited by Kempo Chris; 6/06/2008 12:44pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X