The BJJ sticker on my car won a fight yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vieux Normand
    BJJ: so far, every idiot I've thrown out of a bar, who has claimed BJJ training, has ended up face-planted on a support-beam or table-corner--and then just tossed out the door. I'm now almost curious enough to try a class and see if these idiots were just bullshitting me. I'm assuming they were...
    If they didn't butt-flop to guard immediately, they weren't BJJ guys.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

So is BJJ the new, "I'm a blackbelt in Karate!" for this generation?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
        Well played.
        Fools! Don't they know that BJJ is useless against multiple opponents? /troll

Comment

Originally posted by colonelpong2
          MARITAL arts? Is Doctor Freud in the house?
          That's funny, I saw that when I typed it and corrected it incorrectly. Draw what conclusions you will.

Comment

lol dude the same thing happened to me well simular i was walking down the street and i had my martial arts tee shirt on a ew wanna be ganstersdecide to fuck with me they saw mt Yin yang ((ours is red and white)) and thought i was justome minp then they saw ere it says sate champ on it and say "Nah man we just playin we aint want no trouble" so i was laughing my ass off when they left i told my instructer ((who is one of the best in the world FTR )) he was laughing too cuz i would have killed the fuckers :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuojigoku
              lol dude the same thing happened to me well simular i was walking down the street and i had my martial arts tee shirt on a ew wanna be ganstersdecide to fuck with me they saw mt Yin yang ((ours is red and white)) and thought i was justome minp then they saw ere it says sate champ on it and say "Nah man we just playin we aint want no trouble" so i was laughing my ass off when they left i told my instructer ((who is one of the best in the world FTR )) he was laughing too cuz i would have killed the fuckers :D
              YOU SPECKA ENGRISH!?

Comment

My jaw-gaping woman experience was a tattoo artist named India. Has full-sleeve inkwork (among other tats) and definitely works out. Did my last two tats as well. Gotta go to Toronto more often.

BJJ: so far, every idiot I've thrown out of a bar, who has claimed BJJ training, has ended up face-planted on a support-beam or table-corner--and then just tossed out the door. I'm now almost curious enough to try a class and see if these idiots were just bullshitting me. I'm assuming they were...
                More Bas Rutten on what not to do in a bar ? Lol I couldn't help but think about that after reading your post. Way too funny and I can just see their expressions as well:blob8:

Comment

Originally posted by jnp
                  If they didn't butt-flop to guard immediately, they weren't BJJ guys.
                  Funny thing: I've always assumed guys like this are nothing more than brajitz wannabees, but some years back after I had to deal with a couple of them at closing, a young man (who wasn't with the assholes) came up and spoke to me.

He said he agreed that they were likely full of shit about doing brajitz, but suggested that--just on the off-chance that one or more of them were actually noobs at some club--that I should find out where, if anywhere, they trained. That way, I could tell their instructors what they were up to when they weren't in the club.

He said the teachers would probably thank me for letting them know because a few guys can do the jekyll-and-hyde thing: behave really well in the club and then be totally different outside of it. If these guys were training anywhere, he said, and were willing to try their 'moves' on somebody my size, then they might be even more likely to try and intimidate a smaller person, and someone could get hurt. Their teachers, if informed before things got this far, could either correct the situation (the man smiled when he said this) or just kick the jerks out of the club entirely, before their behaviour ended up affecting the gym in some way.

Funny thing is, the young man who said all this had obviously had very little to drink, and was fit and well-spoken, and said nothing about himself or any training he'd had. Bit of a Portuguese accent. Possibly a real BJJer--not a common thing back when this all occurred.

Which also reinforces my assumption that the idiots I had to deal with were just early-UFC fanboys, brajitz-wannabees. Never saw them again, so I never found out if they trained or not.

Probably not.

Comment

You know, around my neck of the woods I think "I do BJJ" IS becoming the "I know Karate" for the new generation. I can't tell you how many guys I've run into lately who are absolutely covered in TapOut gear. I always make a point to ask where they train (without telling them that I train) and they almost always give the name of my school. I've never met a single one of these huys who actualy does train there. The best was the guy who walked into a 3 star restaurant w/his girlfriend while wearing a TapOut Tank top and board shorts. He got absolutley irate when the management said he couldn't be in there dressed like that.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever met a real BJJ guy who acts like that so yeah, those guys probably don't train, OR they were white belts who dropped out after a month or two.

As for the sticker...Have you ever seen those stickers you can get for your home or business that say the grounds are protected by such and such alarm system...Even though 9 times out of ten the owner doesn't actually have the system-just the sticker? Perhaps BJJ stickers are the next wave of that LOL. WARNING! This car protected by HELIO!
                    Last edited by wavy tiger; 4/27/2008 9:48am, .

Comment

Does your vanity plate read "SIIIICK" or "WRLDCLAS" ?

Comment

Yes. Your sticker intimidated the other driver.

In order to restore a natural balance we implore you to put a Care Bear sticker on the other side of your car.

Think of the children.

Comment

I don't know. I saw some guy wearing a team punishment hat today and I just wanted to punch him in the face....but then again maybe hats aren't as good for self defense as stickers.
                          There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Comment

Originally posted by cyrijl
                            I don't know. I saw some guy wearing a team punishment hat today and I just wanted to punch him in the face....but then again maybe hats aren't as good for self defense as stickers.
                            What's wrong with a Team Punishment hat? To me, that's the same as wearing the hat of your favorite baseball, or any other sport, team. Unless of course, you really hate Team Punishment, which I can understand.

Comment

My jaw-gaping woman experience was a tattoo artist named India. Has full-sleeve inkwork (among other tats) and definitely works out. Did my last two tats as well. Gotta go to Toronto more often.

They werent bullshitting you. They really are that gay.
                              Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].

Comment

He had a hoodie on and one of those chain wallet things...he looked like he was trying to be tough...it wasn't so much the hat as the ensemble.
                                There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X