X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does your sticker do seminars

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
      And yet another crush on this Lily person is formed.
      Originally posted by Steve

Seriously, you should stop playing the "aggressive woman that wants to toss you around a bit" card. Esp with that accent, NO CAN DEFEND.

I dunno... Some of us love Lil for her mind....

And for those acerbic put downs of Teh Question, Angry-Spas, etc.....
      "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the shit out of you.
      And when the shit's been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Comment

It was posted next to his "Keep Honking I'm Reloading" sticker.

Comment

Here's how it could have gone down :-
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8fsgs49r8U
          "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the shit out of you.
          And when the shit's been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Comment

Originally posted by JingMerchant!
            Here's how it could have gone down :-
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8fsgs49r8U
            Please tell me that was staged.
            Originally posted by Matt Phillips
            Bullshido is not like the police department, or even POWNET; it really just gets random hard ons and then follows it's dick.

Comment

Yes it was. The original video from a couple years back had a disclaimer saying that it was just from friends making a movie because they were bored.

Comment

My jaw-gaping woman experience was a tattoo artist named India. Has full-sleeve inkwork (among other tats) and definitely works out. Did my last two tats as well. Gotta go to Toronto more often.

BJJ: so far, every idiot I've thrown out of a bar, who has claimed BJJ training, has ended up face-planted on a support-beam or table-corner--and then just tossed out the door. I'm now almost curious enough to try a class and see if these idiots were just bullshitting me. I'm assuming they were...

Comment

Originally posted by Vieux Normand
                  My jaw-gaping woman experience was a tattoo artist named India. Has full-sleeve inkwork (among other tats) and definitely works out. Did my last two tats as well. Gotta go to Toronto more often.

BJJ: so far, every idiot I've thrown out of a bar, who has claimed BJJ training, has ended up face-planted on a support-beam or table-corner--and then just tossed out the door. I'm now almost curious enough to try a class and see if these idiots were just bullshitting me. I'm assuming they were...
                  How do armbar?

Comment

So BJJ has t3h R34L no touch KO!

Comment

Originally posted by Squerlli
                      How do armbar?
                      That's my guess as well. Usually they (get this, aikido-types) grab my wrist (!) and try swinging a leg or two over my head and sort of hang on like this, trying to 'go for' a bar or a squeeze. I figure they've seen videos of armbars and triangles and they assume that viewing a vid is sufficient "learning" for them to actually do it to a doorman who has fifty to a hundred pounds on them. Shit, if it worked when Roids did it to Severn, it should work for them...even if they've never stepped into a BJJ club (which I am assuming, though I don't know for sure).

The result is always the same: moron's arms and legs are all tied up in his very-impressive submission (?) attempt, and he's left his head wide open. The rest is easy: slam moron's head into floor-tiles or nearby object, pick up the remaining moaning jumble, chuck it out the nearest door.

BJJers should really do something about guys claiming to know BJJ, MMA, whatever. Hurt them enough so they don't (ab)use BJJ or MMA in their attempts to impress. Think of it as socially-useful fun...

Comment

That's my guess as well. Usually they (get this, aikido-types) grab my wrist (!) and try swinging a leg or two over my head and sort of hang on like this, trying to 'go for' a bar or a squeeze. I figure they've seen videos of armbars and triangles and they assume that viewing a vid is sufficient "learning" for them to actually do it to a doorman who has fifty to a hundred pounds on them. Shit, if it worked when Roids did it to Severn, it should work for them...even if they've never stepped into a BJJ club (which I am assuming, though I don't know for sure).

The result is always the same: moron's arms and legs are all tied up in his very-impressive submission (?) attempt, and he's left his head wide open. The rest is easy: slam moron's head into floor-tiles or nearby object, pick up the remaining moaning jumble, chuck it out the nearest door.

BJJers should really do something about guys claiming to know BJJ, MMA, whatever. Hurt them enough so they don't (ab)use BJJ or MMA in their attempts to impress. Think of it as socially-useful fun...
                        Where the fuck were you when "Never Back Down" came out!?

Comment

Originally posted by Squerlli
                          Where the fuck were you when "Never Back Down" came out!?
                          Not seeing "Never Back Down". Why?

Comment

If your sticker was from a Ninjutsu school it would probably have had the same impact. Very few people bother to learn the distinction between marital arts.

Comment

Originally posted by aaaargh
                              If your sticker was from a Ninjutsu school it would probably have had the same impact. Very few people bother to learn the distinction between marital arts.
                              MARITAL arts? Is Doctor Freud in the house?

Comment

Not seeing "Never Back Down". Why?
                                You should, it's a cultural phenomenon.
                                Originally posted by Goju - joe
                                being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X