"I'll never be in that situation........"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kultist
    Are you trying to fit the currently empty throne of No. 1 Troll? It's a serious question
    Dude, fuck off. Don't bother me with petty bullshit. I am curious as to why motherfuckers would come up in this peice and start bitchin' about how cats are too geeky and shouldn't be crowding JKD. Fuck that. That's some elitist bullshit righ there.

Especially when you could have said something to these cats. Pansy motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by The Question
      Dude, fuck off. Don't bother me with petty bullshit. I am curious as to why motherfuckers would come up in this peice and start bitchin' about how cats are too geeky and shouldn't be crowding JKD. Fuck that. That's some elitist bullshit righ there.

Especially when you could have said something to these cats. Pansy motherfucker.

Maybe you should consider a webiste dedicated to preserving, rather than fighting, bullshit in the martial arts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Question

No, I'm not trying to be a dick. But most of your posts lately seem to be telling someone that they are blatantly wrong and to die kthxbai. Only difference between you and cracky is that people take one look at your posts, insult you and then ignore you.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCache
          Maybe you should consider a webiste dedicated to preserving, rather than fighting, bullshit in the martial arts.
          Maybe I should consider a website not full of motherfuckers who have their heads so far up their asses they suck on their own intestines and then vomit into the pit of their stomachs.

But you know, I won't even act holier than thou, because I used to do my kung fu and feel all tough and shit. I'm happy motherfuckers talked me into striking and grappling instead of just dismissing me as some skinny, larping anime nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaiboxerken
            Vince heard it too and was indifferent about it. He says that he teaches similar things, but hears the same shit all of the time. He is convinced that the "JKD" culture brings out this bullshit culture of people who think that "street fighting" has no rules, and so they can dictate how a fight will occur. It's like they fantasize that bad things won't happen in a fight. I mean, WTF? It seems that JKD has degraded to just another "TMA" where people live in a dream world where if they just have a "black belt" they can defeat anyone who is not.
            There's the two sides to JKD - the guys who work hard at what is essentially an expanded version of kickboxing, and then there's the guys who are little more than BLee nut-huggers who believe any of the overblown press about JKD that they read in the magazines.

The first set, yeah, I doubt many people here would have a problem with the way they train.

The second set is just a different form of LARPism, but kitted out with those kempo gloves from Enter the Dragon, instead of a ninja costume, but equally convinced of their d34dly effectiveness.

Comment

Yeap. And then there are those who think Inosanto has 'corrupted" JKD by introducing other systems into the curriculum. It's too bad Lee never really fought in competitions, maybe there would be less nut-hugging then.

Comment

Yep, wide range of JKD folks. A few guys who get hardcore, and often branch into something else to specialize (Paulson, Some Dog Bros, etc.). Others just dabble half-assedly in a bunch of different stuff, and really never learn to fight in any way yet think they are uberbadasses. It just varies wildly, and does seem to attract the Bruce Lee larptastic variety quite a bit.

Comment

Everytime I see these JKD geeks (my cousin used to be one) I just have to laugh. They think that Bruce had some super s3cr3t knowledge of how to defeat any man, regardles of size. Well, in a way he did. But the geeks arent going to like to hear it. Its called training. Not sitting in a school learning how to properly side kick your attackers knee cap training. The kind of training you do for hours and hours a DAY (yes thats right, not a week, that was not a typo) a DAY. Bruce was just as famous at the time he was alive for his fitness regimen as he was for any skill he may have possesed. The man worked on his fitness.

And this isnt just JKD. This is every god damn martial art. People think because they go to a school that has 'Gracie' in the name they can out grapple anyone without having to train day after day on there physical health.

The next time some geek tells you a fireman cary will never work, tell him the truth. It wont. Not for him it wont.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Van
                    Everytime I see these JKD geeks (my cousin used to be one) I just have to laugh. They think that Bruce had some super s3cr3t knowledge of how to defeat any man, regardles of size. Well, in a way he did. But the geeks arent going to like to hear it. Its called training. Not sitting in a school learning how to properly side kick your attackers knee cap training. The kind of training you do for hours and hours a DAY (yes thats right, not a week, that was not a typo) a DAY. Bruce was just as famous at the time he was alive for his fitness regimen as he was for any skill he may have possesed. The man worked on his fitness.

And this isnt just JKD. This is every god damn martial art. People think because they go to a school that has 'Gracie' in the name they can out grapple anyone without having to train day after day on there physical health.

The next time some geek tells you a fireman cary will never work, tell him the truth. It wont. Not for him it wont.
                    Change JKD to kung fu and Bruce Lee to grandmaster X and you have my most recent rant from a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaiboxerken
                      He is convinced that the "JKD" culture brings out this bullshit culture of people who think that "street fighting" has no rules, and so they can dictate how a fight will occur. .

So what are the rules of "street fighting" then?

Comment

No, I'm not trying to be a dick. But most of your posts lately seem to be telling someone that they are blatantly wrong and to die kthxbai. Only difference between you and cracky is that people take one look at your posts, insult you and then ignore you.

Nah!!!
                        He has his big t-shirt with a question mark on the front and his Question utility belt.

Comment

Originally posted by JingMerchant!

So what are the rules of "street fighting" then?
                          Hes not arguing that it has rules. He said
                          think that "street fighting" has no rules, and so they can dictate how a fight will occur. .

Comment

Are you trying to fit the currently empty throne of No. 1 Troll? It's a serious question

Don't you mean 'It's a serious Question'????

Comment

Originally posted by TBK
                              [think that "street fighting" has no rules, and so they can dictate how a fight will occur.

Fairplay then.

Would you elaborate on what you mean by this TBK?

Comment

Originally posted by JingMerchant!

Fairplay then.

Would you elaborate on what you mean by this TBK?
                                Yea, they think that they can dictate how the fight will go. The "rules" of MMA , in their minds, favors grapplers. In "the street" they can simply poke the eye and kick the groin to stop any clinching or takedowns.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X