Chessboxing evolved. The Cagechess!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chessboxing evolved. The Cagechess!

Float like a butterfly, sting like Boris Spassky.

Wikipedia defines the rules of chessboxing as follows:
    A match between two opponents consists of up to eleven alternating rounds of boxing and chess sessions, starting with a four-minute chess round followed by two minutes of boxing and so on. Between rounds there is a 1 minute pause, during which competitors change their gear. The form of chess played is "speed chess" in which each competitor has a total of twelve minutes for the whole game. Competitors may win by knockout, checkmate, a judge's decision or if their opponent's twelve minutes of chess time elapses. If a contestant doesn't make a move in the chessround, he will be issued a warning by the referee. At the second warning the contestant will be disqualified.
    Thus i ask of you, Internets: If we replace the boxing parts with MMA rules, do we not have the greatest sport ever?

I'm not sure about the name, though. Cagechess lacks a bit of oomph.

Agreed, however I worry that the fighting may detract from the actual chess. Much better would be a giant chess board with living pieces. Everytime a piece is taken the pieces in question have a fight. The result doesn't actually have any bearing on the game, its just for a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by illegalusername
      Float like a butterfly, sting like Boris Spassky.

Wikipedia defines the rules of chessboxing as follows:

Thus i ask of you, Internets: If we replace the boxing parts with MMA rules, do we not have the greatest sport ever?

I'm not sure about the name, though. Cagechess lacks a bit of oomph.
      I played chess competetively when I was in high school. I sucked, I think I ended with a cumulative record of 3-7 or something like that.

I would definitely want a piece of MartialChess. Yes, that's what we're calling it "MartialChess".
      Originally posted by Goju - joe
      being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

Fuck chess. Make it MMA & Baduk/Go/Weiqi.

Comment

GoCage would be fucking intense. I can't even fathom how awesome that would be, simply because I haven't seen anything on that level before.

Comment

Oooo...good name...

Comment

Much better than Chessboxing.

Comment

Eventually, Bullshido.net will stop having throwdowns and just have GoCage tournaments.

Comment

I'm gonna have to bug one of the brothers to teach me Go now.

Comment

GoCage sounds pretty badass. Someone just has to figure out a timing system for the Go rounds.
                    Because every game of Go i've ever played lasted over an hour.

Comment

Is there Speed Go?

Comment

What the fuck is Go?
                        Originally posted by Goju - joe
                        being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

You could just use a smaller board for a faster game, I guess. Not that I know much about Go. I was given a set once... because I do martial arts.

No, seriously. My then-girlfriend gave me a Go set because I do JMA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(board_game)

Comment

You can play Go on smaller boards, like 9x9, 11x11 and 13x13 instead of the 19x19 standard. A 13x13 game generally lasts 20 minutes or so. a 9x9 game can last 10 minutes or even less.
                            I could see 13x13 with 12 minutes per person as a doable game.
                            sigpic

Comment

[email protected]? not knowing what Go is...this is what happens when your cultural knowledge only extends as far as a tentacle's reach...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X