MMA guys are all thugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMA guys are all thugs

Last night I went to dinner with my parents and decided to wear my XXGear.com shirt that says "Fighting Solves Everything".

As we were leaving a guy that worked at the restaraunt came up to me and asked me where I got the shirt. I told him and he then began to tell me that he was a Lightweight MMA fighter in the local BANG League. We talked about training and upcoming fights for about twenty minutes. I know his trainer and the school he trains with. He wasnt full of shit or talking out his ass.

This guys name was Thomas, and he was VERY polite, and well spoken. He spoke to my kids, and was a gentleman to my wife.

Afterwards I told my dad who it was and what we were talking about. He said, wow, I would never have figured him for an MMA fighter.

I hate that people have the negative stereotype of MMA and its fighters. Yeah some are thugs, but every sport has them, look at Michael Vick.

I am glad that I met that guy, now my parents know that the stereotype of fighters is all crap.

All it takes is ONE asshole MMA guy.

That's it.

After that, the image will forever be embedded in the person's mind.

Unfortunately, MMA FANS are often a hundred times worse than actual MMA students/fighters. They also outnumber MMA students/fighters, so you're climbing an uphill battle there.
    Originally posted by Exodus
    Helio was submitted by Kimura

Comment

Yeah, it's really a combination of a strongly biased media and a bunch of asshole fans who think they know how to fight.
      GUIZ THIS IS LIEK MY SIGNACHOOR LOLOL

:icon_roll

Comment

MMA fighters ARE all thugs.

That's why when I train MMA I keep an ice pick in my wrestling shoe in case anyone goes overboard and needs a shanking!!!

Comment

I've actually yet to meet an MMA tough guy. Just TMA tough guys, one life gaurd who thought he knew the jits, and a little 14 yr old kid that was an Aikido tough guy. I've yet to have the experience of some guy in a tapout hoody or affliction shirt talk shit.

Comment

I'm an MMA fighter, and I'm a badass thug motherfucker. However, I was a badass thug motherfucker before I got into MMA.

We can scarcely avoid the inference that MMA and thuggin' are unrelated.
            Originally posted by Goju - joe
            being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

Originally posted by oldman34
              Last night I went to dinner with my parents and decided to wear my XXGear.com shirt that says "Fighting Solves Everything".
              Hmmm...can't imagine where the thug image comes from... hmmmm.......not that I don't find the shirt amusing but really, you go around with an intentionally "shocking" shirt and then worry about the image of MMA. Cognitive dissonance?

Comment

Well I learned from a forum call antiMMA.com that all MMA fighters are unskilled thugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Razamataz
                  Well I learned from a forum call antiMMA.com that all MMA fighters are unskilled thugs.
                  I thought you heard it from your friend (whose black)?
                  Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??.........................​My work here is done.

Comment

Originally posted by syberia
                    I thought you heard it from your friend (whose black)?
                    He's black and jewish.

Comment

He's black and jewish.
                      Does that make him bluish? (Blewish)?
                      Originally posted by Goju - joe
                      being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

Originally posted by The Question
                        Does that make him bluish? (Blewish)?
                        or jwack.

Comment

or jwack.
                          It just means he only gets his bling on clearance.

ZOMG Racist.

It's ok, I'm jewish, I'm allowed.

Comment

or jwack.
                            Thats Nasty...
                            Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??.........................​My work here is done.

Comment

Originally posted by KenshinBt10
                              It just means he only gets his bling on clearance.

ZOMG Racist.

It's ok, I'm jewish, I'm allowed.
                              I have a jewish friend and a black friend, so I'm allowed. Unfortunatley, I don't know any black jews.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X