Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MA LOL!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New MA LOL!!!

    Seems I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I'd amuse you with this. (Yes I did use the search function first.....:-))

    This guy "invented" his own MA. I mean why waste years and years for training when you can just make up your own.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJjLknCsOQo
    Last edited by sopredictable; 3/25/2008 3:14am, .

    #2
    Did you forget the link?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

    " I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

    "Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

    "Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

    "That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

    Comment


      #3
      I always seem to have troubles getting it right,but it's there now. Sorry

      Comment


        #4
        Okay. I can think of easier ways of coming out than that....

        Comment


          #5
          Well that gentlemen certainly seems to have a firm grasp of the realities of unarmed combat, where do I sign up?

          Comment


            #6
            Sad thing is that it isn't really different from some r3al "martial arts" out there...

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by kristof
              Sad thing is that it isn't really different from some r3al "martial arts" out there...
              Most people that make up their own style have experience in some style or another. The basics of every art are usually the same. The biggest difference is usually in training method, but the basics are still there. Here, they don't even have the basics that make techniques work.

              But hey, it's better than just sitting at your computer all day like most of us are.

              Comment


                #8
                Off topic:

                Good martial arts are all the same because physics and biomechanics don't change.

                Different styles are just a product of cultural development.

                All styles of martial arts at their highest level look the same regardless.

                On topic:

                50 years of development and less popular culture (movies, books and bullshit) he might have something...

                Comment


                  #9
                  The guy who invented this style posted this vid over on fighting arts and asked for criticism. Aside from getting a new asshole ripped open (to which he never returned to posting on the site), there was speculation that the guy was a troll as his profile basically stated he basically learned from playing video games.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by bearich
                    The guy who invented this style posted this vid over on fighting arts and asked for criticism. Aside from getting a new asshole ripped open (to which he never returned to posting on the site), there was speculation that the guy was a troll as his profile basically stated he basically learned from playing video games.
                    Wouldn't surprise me. Did anyone else get a 'played Mortal Kombat one too many times' feel from watching that?

                    The worse thing is that it seems eerily similar to a BS MA I did years ago when I was still young. Even his responses to the comments he got on YouTube sound like the sort of thing my old teacher came out with.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Why learn from people when you can learn from video games! Hell, playing Pole Position and Spyhunter got me ready to drive cars, so I figure, WTF?

                      Asriel, who is in your Avatar? YUM!!
                      SEANBABY:

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by spartan6
                        Off topic:

                        Good martial arts are all the same because physics and biomechanics don't change.
                        Different styles are just a product of cultural development.
                        All styles of martial arts at their highest level look the same regardless.
                        Don't fully agree with you. This has been discussed before, and even though the basics are the same, there are still differences between styles that possibly come from training approach. Some styles focus on certain types of conditioning or moving that takes time to get comfortable with, but when you do, you can do different things than others can. Others get used to different things and do stuff that you can't.

                        For example. Watch karate-guys in K1 kicking with their toes. Don't think many muay thai guys would attempt that. But they get good at kicking with their shins. Same thing with judo throws and taijutsu throws. We bend our knees, they bend over their hips.
                        Last edited by SWEHurricane; 3/25/2008 6:20am, .

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by SWEHurricane
                          Don't fully agree with you. This has been discussed before, and even though the basics are the same, there are still differences between styles that possibly come from training approach. Some styles focus on certain types of conditioning or moving that takes time to get comfortable with, but when you do, you can do different things than others can. Others get used to different things and do stuff that you can't.

                          For example. Watch karate-guys in K1 kicking with their toes. Don't think many muay thai guys would attempt that. But they get good at kicking with their shins. Same thing with judo throws and taijutsu throws. We bend our knees, they bend over their hips.
                          Karate-guys in K1 are hardly at their highest level.

                          I sparred a Judo bb with 40 years of experience once, he never bent his knees. Good taijutsuka move and act the same way as good judoka.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by spartan6
                            Karate-guys in K1 are hardly at their highest level.

                            I sparred a Judo bb with 40 years of experience once, he never bent his knees. Good taijutsuka move and act the same way as good judoka.
                            Your tag says you are a proven liar and an idiot.
                            Sumus extra manum tuam.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              This actually looks kind of good, good in the sense of the word that it looks like some of the stuff I see in McDojos here. Looks like if the guy wasn't retarded it could qualify for a crappy martial art.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X