I'm afraid of weightlifters and such

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm.......5/10

Simply because the point of your entire post is to declare "Is it cna be scarrY tiem of Drago now pleez" with absolutely NO set-up or drama other than "me scared of neckless Ukraine man......I need an adult!!!!". Soooooo....

I think this guy would probably have more success on the interwebz than you......

Last edited by GoldenJonas; 3/19/2008 8:15am, .

Comment

And for the record, you say 400lbs ATG is child's play in weightlifting.

The great Hossein Rezazadeh snatched 469lbs in 2003. On average, a snatch is about 60% of a back squat. That would make him capable of squatting 781lbs as a record.

400lbs ATG would be about 50% of what Rezazadeh would be capable of ATG squatting, as a record, as his top, in the 105kg (231lbs) category.

You, at 180lbs (81kg) claim to be able to do around 50% of the max that a record holder olympic lifter at 231lbs (105kg) could be capable of doing... which you say it's child's play in your circles.

It would not be child's play. This is advance/elite level shit stuff.

If you can do that, props to you, but don't pretend to tell us this is child's play in olympic lifting circles as if we didn't know any better.

Certainly not in the 85kg category which is where you belong.
      Last edited by Teh El Macho; 3/19/2008 8:20am, .
      Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

Originally posted by Osuofia
        I'm in Belgium, the Center of Eurabia Yes I am real Because this whole thing is kinda funny to the real martial artists/fighters on bullshido?
        Sounds like you got some issues you need to get over. Scary mentalness doesnt always equate to size, and size and strength from weightlifting do not always equate to being good in a fight. This guy is big, and by the sounds of it, very aggressive.

Seeing as you are posting this on Bullshido and not a weightlifting forum, I will approach the argument from this angle. I lift weights, when I can be arsed to get down to the gym. I am not massively strong, my best deadlift is 140kg (I weigh about 72kg), I cant squat heavy(my hip geometry is out of alignment). However, I have been known to full shoulder throw guys who weigh in excess of 125kg (280 pounds), and have made much larger, stronger guys tap out on the floor. Dont get me wrong, I am in no way t3h d34dly, just my skill level and possible endurance was greater than the guys i was fighting.

From a Martial Arts point of view it is about using your mass and strength effectively, which is the bottom line. If you cant, you need to learn.

There is always someone out there bigger than you. There is always someone out there better than you. There is always someone out there more aggressive and determined than you. Just dont spill the pint of the guy who is all 3.

Comment

Rezazadeh's back squat is said to be 440 kilo and his best front squat 350 kilo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijQwHIKzMbo See comments and video

Comment

I stand corrected then. On the other hand, those were below-parallel squats, not ATG squats.
            Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

Originally posted by Osuofia
              Well I did muay thai from 14 years old to 17 years old, then I started lifting so much I got too lazy for muay thai and started doing fma and some maphilindo silat and such, but not very intensely (1-2 times a week) for three years now yeah bodybuilding is t2h gayness, but weightlifting is pretty cool
              No. Weightlifting is also gay.
              Originally posted by Goju - joe
              being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

which you say it's child's play in your circles.
                Well, let me tell you something, I will be going to Italy for a week now and the guy that will be training us lives in Germany and is a Ukrainian, he was the National coach of Ukrain and has produced Olympic medalists. He himself used to snatch 180 kilo and clean and jerk 210 kilo. Is it so strange that when I squat 180 kilo I call it a children's weight?

Comment

Originally posted by The Question
                  No. Weightlifting is also gay.
                  It's only gay if you make eye contact

Comment

It's not strange at all if you are indeed at that level, but we get people claiming crap all the time. So, I apologize if I'm skeptic.

If you can squat 400lbs ATG (that is, hamstrings touching the calves, ass all the way to the ground, not just below parallel) and at 180lbs bw, then props to you. I, however, will be skeptic until I see it.

Comment

Originally by Osuofia
                      Er, yeah don't most people learn martial arts to learn how to defend themselves against stronger people?
                      Er yeah why dont you train your one hundred metre dash.

I have a penis, but it's not gonna save me from wheelchair land if I ever fight a guy like this
                      What makes you think your'e going to get into a fight with a weightlifter? Are you one of these people who walks into a room full of scary guys and says "Hello cunts! I just got back from fucking your mothers."?

Comment

Originally posted by Teh El Macho
                        It's not strange at all if you are indeed at that level, but we get people claiming crap all the time. So, I apologize if I'm skeptic. If you can squat 400lbs ATG (that is, hamstrings touching the calves, ass all the way to the ground, not just below parallel) and at 180lbs bw, then props to you. I, however, will be skeptic until I see it.
                        Well I am sure my coach will shoot some videos as he will be free because the Ukranian coach will be coaching. I doubt we will do max squats, but we'll see and at the very least I'll try to post some heavy cleans like 130 kilo or some fronts squatting in the 140-150 kilo range and such. Will post max squat as soon as possible

Comment

What makes you think your'e going to get into a fight with a weightlifter? Are you one of these people who walks into a room full of scary guys and says "Hello cunts! I just got back from fucking your mothers."?
                          well like I posted earlier I was already in a fight with my girlfriend's brother when he was beating the crao out of her. He cannot even carry the jockstrap of the Ukranian guy, but he's an amateur bodybuilder and pretty fukcin huge compared to me + he has african fury (yes i really believe in this, in fact a lot of africans are proud of it that's why i don't think it's an outrageous thing to post)

Comment

Quote:
                            Originally by Osuofia
                            Er, yeah don't most people learn martial arts to learn how to defend themselves against stronger people?

Er yeah why dont you train your one hundred metre dash.

Quote:
                            I have a penis, but it's not gonna save me from wheelchair land if I ever fight a guy like this

The OP is dumb enough to say that he thinks that moroccans are fearless brawlers then tell a half moroccan that he lives in "Eurabia" (an ever so clever play on the words europe and arab) in a post where he is demonstrating his fear of being hurt in a fight!

Incidentally to the OP why dont you come to the next london throwdown, rolling a bit may help build your confidence and its not too far from belgium!

Comment

So you're afraid of an angry woman basher. Anyone can throw away their temper to gain a few extra scary points. Usually just before the start scratching and biting. Why dont you elbow him in the face?

Comment

Dude, you say that as if I am a racist, I merely used the term Eurabia here because some posters seemed confused about Moroccans and where I lived.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X