No announcement yet.

I'm afraid of weightlifters and such

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the king's name is Aragorn or something like that. Or was it King Osric the Usurper? Shit, I'm going senile.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

Originally posted by Teh El Macho
      Video please.
      Right now the only video I have on my computer is a 95 kilo snatch which is already a while ago, if you want a squat video it will be for in a while cuz tomorrow we leave for a week weightlifting camp in italy

Comment

I am considered a fearless brawler...nice!

So this guy took on the polisario front, thats hardcore I would be scared of him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Teh El Macho
          Video please.
          Oh? My squat max was 405lbs. And what, motherfucker. Although I couldn't deadlift for shit. I think I maxed at like 285 or something. My grip must have been too weak. But anyway, fuck lifting big weights, I don't do that shit anymore. It made me all huge and shit (gained like 25 pounds0, and now I have to fight big guys. Fuck that.
          Originally posted by Goju - joe
          being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Osuofia
            You know those huge powerful guys. In my gym there is a great example of such people. He is a 43 year old Ukrainian who trained in olympic weighlifting from 10 years old to 23 where hea was in the national team and a promising lifter with a 130 kilo snatch and 160 kilo clean and jerk (I suppose 85 kilo category or something). They then said start taking gear or get the fuck out, so he quit weighlifting and started bodybuilding, which he has been doing for 20 years now. Just recently he started weightlifting again instead and such. He's mad powerful and huge with this scary military east european head. He said he was a bouncer before for a while, but then someone started shit and he hit him. 10 minutes later he was still on the floor so he dragged him across the street and called it a night and went home. Also one time a bunch of Moroccans tried to beat him but he removed his belt wrapped it around his fist and said "ok come" and no one dared to come and they left. then at our last weightlifting competition he was getting impatient and nervous form all the waiting and started jumping and swinging his arms and I was like "OMG OMFG DONT HIT ME PLEASE" for real and I've been doing martial arts for 6 years now muay thai + fma
            I think this is your subconscious trying to subdue the intense homoerotic man-love you feel for this guy.
            being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

This guy's face is also very scary, he is from Ukraine and has the stereotypical (?) rugged as hell eastern european army face. Btw he is in our team so he will never fight me, but I was just thinking if I ever have a guy like this start shit to me I will be a dead man and every body will laugh extra hard because I do so many martial arts

Comment

So far you have stereotyped both Ukranians and Moroccans as scary motherfuckers, why dont you just see if you can get ukranian or moroccan nationality then you can be a scary faced fearless brawler!

Clearly you are also scared of Nigerians so thats another possiblity.
                Last edited by Totemicist; 3/19/2008 7:31am, .

Comment

Originally posted by The Question
                  I think this is your subconscious trying to subdue the intense homoerotic man-love you feel for this guy.
                  Although I admit I wouldn't mind being this guy I do not feel attracted to people who could kill me with a bitchslap. Seriously guys, I this is like my girlfriend's brother to the 2nd power. That guy is a huge Nigerian who one time beat her up bigtime in my presence and I tried to fight him but I just remember he came rushing at me and then I woke up on her bed somewhat later. I suppose that's why I am afraid of big weightlifters

Comment

Originally posted by Totemicist
                    So far you have stereotyped both Ukranians and Moroccans as scary motherfuckers, why dont you just see if you can get ukranian or moroccan nationality then you can be a scary faced fearless brawler!
                    You are wrong, this is merely a coincidence because in our weightlifting federation the big numbers are being done by ukrainians and armenians. moroccans are generally feared here, sorry I cannot change that and in the commercial gyms most huge people are black. i'm not a racist but that's the way it is here.

Comment

Lol 7/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Osuofia
                        Although I admit I wouldn't mind being this guy I do not feel attracted to people who could kill me with a bitchslap. Seriously guys, I this is like my girlfriend's brother to the 2nd power. That guy is a huge Nigerian who one time beat her up bigtime in my presence and I tried to fight him but I just remember he came rushing at me and then I woke up on her bed somewhat later. I suppose that's why I am afraid of big weightlifters
                        LOL. So you are gay AND racist? I think I might have to kill you.
                        Last edited by The Question; 3/19/2008 7:40am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Odacon
                          Lol 7/10.
                          What are you driving at here?

Comment

Originally posted by The Question
                            Oh? My squat max was 405lbs. And what, motherfucker. Although I couldn't deadlift for shit. I think I maxed at like 285 or something. My grip must have been too weak. But anyway, fuck lifting big weights, I don't do that shit anymore. It made me all huge and shit (gained like 25 pounds0, and now I have to fight big guys. Fuck that.
                            Squat hams-parallel (like bodybuilders do), below parallel where the hip joint is lower than the kneecap (a true squat) or a deep squat as the OP suggested?

People say 'deep squatting' to mean a proper squat (below parallel) or ATG (ass to the ground), thus I'd like a clarification.

A 400lbs hams parallel squat, I can believe that (at my weight, I'm 35lbs short of hams-squatting 400lbs.)

400lbs below parallel, that's approaching an advance level.

Deep squatting 400lbs (ass to the ground), holy fucking shit, we are talking elite shit here. No disrespect intended if I'm skeptic. And if it's true, much respect man.
                            Last edited by Teh El Macho; 3/19/2008 7:42am, .
                            Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

I recommend the OP Grows a Penis.

And stops being a troll.

Hi, Troll.

You need a Penis.

Comment

Look I will try to get some footage of me squatting for you, but don't expect it by tomorrow, because I am to Italy with the team for a week. Yes it's ATG and may sound kinda a lot to martial artists, but in weightlifting it's still a children's weight. I've been training competitvely for weightlifting 3 years or so now and when I started in this gym I had already done 220 lbs atg for three reps in my noob basement at home after 1 year or so noobing on my own

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X