Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Rorion Gracie gone McDojo? Dr. 90210 gets a Blue Belt (Vid included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Rorion Gracie gone McDojo? Dr. 90210 gets a Blue Belt (Vid included)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFK7w...eature=related

:jerkit2yf

This was posted on the dog a few days ago, so pardon me if this was posted and I missed it on here. Basically, the jerkoff doc from Dr. 90210 (an avid TKD guy... who even likes to show off how hardcore that training is by showing off his toenail bruise) goes through the pussiest bluebelt test for a BJJ belt I've ever seen. The doc uses his Jiu JitsOH to assert he is a martial warrior and duck .0005 mph looping punches to score a half-baked takedown and get a sub on a fully compliant Gracie wearing boxing gloves. Rorion proudly sprays shit all over the collective BJJ community by then awarding a blue belt to this toolbox in recognition for all of the free advertisement. To top it all off, the Doc has the balls to bring his wife and kids to the test (a minor point, but I hope the producers prompted this). The only redeeming thing about this vid is the doc's wife going on and on and on and on about how bad she wants to get tag-teamed by the Gracies.

blue belt in 6 months...wasnt that henry akins in the background?
    could be wrong.

Comment

Good old Whorian.

Comment

Holy shit. If a camera crew followed me around I could have a brown belt by now... The worst crime is that this furthers the douchebag's delusions that he's any sort of authority on anything combat.

And whoever convinced himself to wear that suit is an utter bastard.
        I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Comment

It's Rorion, what else could one expect?

All Douchebag 90210 needs to do is fight a r34l blue belt and see what happens :)
          Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

6 months. Unbelievable.

And he even admits that he doesn't have that much time to train.

Can't imagine how much mat time he's got.

Comment

My wife watches this show, and I remember being in the room when this episode was on.

Even worse, it appears that the Gracie Academy released this footage on YouTube themselves. Did they think it would be good publicity for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Hex
                My wife watches this show, and I remember being in the room when this episode was on.

Even worse, it appears that the Gracie Academy released this footage on YouTube themselves. Did they think it would be good publicity for them?
                I think they want more douchebags with money like him, people who already train aren't their target audience.
                I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Comment

Originally posted by Hex
                  well it will certainly chase more money their way

Comment

Originally posted by Tenebrous
                    I think they want more douchebags with money like him, people who already train aren't their target audience.
                    This is teh korrekt.

Comment

I've seen worse blue belts. Hell, I've rolled with worse blue belts.

Comment

what the fuck, that first haymaker punch the dude threw was like a throwback to my 1 step sparring days

Comment

I watched that video with some sadness. Ryron and Rener look the same. Rorion looks younger actually. hrmmmm...

I don't know how many times I tapped on that mat. I remember the first time I tapped out someone, with an americana, it was in that room. Before the cage was built and put up. I remember the hours spent there with fond memories.

That video just destroyed all of those fond memories.
                          Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                          "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Tortelli
                            I've seen worse blue belts. Hell, I've rolled with worse blue belts.
                            Where was this?

Comment

How come you were never able to buy yourself a blue off them, Anthony?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X