Phil Elmore Challenged By Gypsy "Claw-Boxer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil Elmore Challenged By Gypsy "Claw-Boxer"

OK, own up. I think one of you wrote this email to our favorite RBSD punching bag. Fess up!

http://tinyurl.com/25jxwt

WARNING: This link is to an entry on Phil's MySpace page. You must save versus retardation magic or lose 1d6 INT.

Bottom line: A man claiming to be a Romany "claw-boxer" is challenging Phil to a fight. He claims to be expert in several weapons, including "double-ended longsword, stiletto, foot-blade, and Glock." ("Some folks calls it a sling blade, but I calls it a foot-blade.") He claims to have earned a maroon sash in his art, which is "the second highest level of skill attainable for an intermediate claw-fighter." Quick, someone make a tag for this!

Can this beautiful opportunity possibly be for real? Did one of you watch "Snatch" one too many times and decide to troll Phil as a slightly altered version of Brad Pitt's character? Or will Phil finally face the wrath that is claw-boxing?

Little does this gypsyman know:

all it will take is a properly placed panhandler.

Comment

This could be bigger then Ashida kim vs that deranged looking sensei.

Comment

A hilarious troll job.

Or just hilarious.

Not sure which, and to be completely honest, I could give a fuck, because it's still hilarious.

Comment

If it isn't someone trolling then I think the second most probable explanation is that he wrote it himself, considering the opening sentence of the letter:

I have heard from very far away of your expertise in the arts of self-defense and martial arts
          Uhhhm...

Comment

Hi everyone
            I left my lurking cave because my city was mentioned by that ekhm "claw-boxer"
            "I come from a long tradition of claw-fighters of Bola and Bielany, districts of Warsaw, who had to prove their skill every day, as well as through the turmoil of two world wars. Sadly, much of the tradition of claw-boxing was lost in the Holocaust. To this day, we say Na bister 500,000 (Remember the 500,000) before every training session."
            There is no such district in Warsaw as "Bola". I think he meant "Wola". Proveing skills in WWII? I have never heard of Romani creating some form of resistance during the Nazi occupation of Poland or Warsaw Uprising. "secretive arts of glasvast and zhunovast" is all news to me as well.
            I wonder when the instructional dvds will be sold on TRS direct as "teh deadly pre-WW2 Romani fighting style". :bsflag:
            "I worked my way up to the maroon sash"- If Romanis had created some fighting system, it wouldn't contain any sashes!
            Sorry for my English.
            Last edited by Posel; 3/10/2008 10:23pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by RDRR
              If it isn't someone trolling then I think the second most probable explanation is that he wrote it himself, considering the opening sentence of the letter:

Uhhhm...
              Him or one of his little pals.

Comment

"I am proud to prove the worth of our tradition and art through any means necessary. That is why I respectfully challenge you to do honorable battle. This is our duty as philosopher-warriors. "

Priceless

Comment

Originally posted by Posel
                  Hi everyone
                  I left my lurking cave because my city was mentioned by that ekhm "claw-boxer"
                  "I come from a long tradition of claw-fighters of Bola and Bielany, districts of Warsaw, who had to prove their skill every day, as well as through the turmoil of two world wars. Sadly, much of the tradition of claw-boxing was lost in the Holocaust. To this day, we say Na bister 500,000 (Remember the 500,000) before every training session."
                  There is no such district in Warsaw as "Bola". I think he meant "Wola". Proveing skills in WWII? I have never heard of Romani creating some form of resistance during the Nazi occupation of Poland or Warsaw Uprising. "secretive arts of glasvast and zhunovast" is all news to me as well.
                  I wonder when the instructional dvds will be sold on TRS direct as "teh deadly pre-WW2 Romani fighting style". :bsflag:
                  Awesome, thanks for posting that.

Also: :phil2:

Comment

Double ended longsword? Footblades? D&D 3rd ed. much?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCache
                      Him or one of his little pals.
                      Seconded. This claw-boxer is as laughtable as PE, so maybe it's his own forgery.

Comment

The dude who asks "who are the Romani?"" at the end is actually funnier than the troll job.

Comment

the thing i noticed was that his english was really good for someone from poland (warsaw i poland right?), i think english is his first language not his second, he also uses the same crappy rhetoric as Phil, so my bet its either the guy himself or one of his vierd buddies.

i know some gypsies and im pretty sure there's no such thing as clawboxing.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lebell
                              the thing i noticed was that his english was really good for someone from poland (warsaw i poland right?)
                              Yeah, you are right with where Warsaw is. In the margin, some percentage of people in Poland (mostly youth ones) can speak English pretty well (uhm better than me). It doesn't change a possibility, that the letter was made up by P"too deadly to spar"E.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X