Do you shadow box in public?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you shadow box in public?

Do you shadow box in public? Well, not necessarily in public, but outside the gym. For example when at work? When I was in school I used to practice kung fu forms and shit in the hallways between classrooms at midnight when I thought no one else was watching. I imagine this one time someone walked in while I was 360 degrees through a 540 kick.
    That shit is really queer, isn't it?

And today, I took a break to use the bathroom and started shadowboxing in front of the mirror. I still had my goggles on my head. I was practicing slipping, bobbing and weaving. I slipped, I bobbed, I weaved, I weaved too hard. My goggles flew off my head and straight into the urinal. Straight into the fucking urinal. I'm done with this shit. Besides, it's extremely gay.

Any similar experiences? No?
    Originally posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

I only shadow box in public because I want everyone to know what it is that I do...and because a TapouT shirt just isn't fkin enough.

Comment

no. but thank you for the funny story. i suppose the urinal smell didn't bother you so much due to your proclivity for penorz, amirite?

Comment

I hope you left the goggles in the urinal !!!

Comment

I used to imagine shooting on people who looked like tools, and alot of times I'd find myself half-feigning high attacks and then lurching forward on whatever leg was in front. My girlfriend and my sister in law have both caught me shadow boxing at home, which is pretty embarressing since I've never taken any stand up arts other than kiddie TKD and some krotty. My bjj school closed down after I had only four months of classes, so I have a hard enough time shooting in real life, but I probably looked like I had tourettes or cerebral palsy or something walking/jerking around campus like that.

Comment

anyone who says no is lying.

Comment

goggles?

Comment

Done it plenty myself.
                First time out on the night-club dance floors I threw some boxing footwork around..... You can imagine I'm not a great dancer...
                Then again it lets people know what you do to pass the time :qgaraduat

Comment

I do it all the time. I barely even realise I'm doing it sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by SBG-ape
                    goggles?
                    Rape goggles.

Comment

Originally posted by The Question
                      Do you shadow box in public? Well, not necessarily in public, but outside the gym. For example when at work? When I was in school I used to practice kung fu forms and shit in the hallways between classrooms at midnight when I thought no one else was watching. I imagine this one time someone walked in while I was 360 degrees through a 540 kick.
                      That shit is really queer, isn't it?

And today, I took a break to use the bathroom and started shadowboxing in front of the mirror. I still had my goggles on my head. I was practicing slipping, bobbing and weaving. I slipped, I bobbed, I weaved, I weaved too hard. My goggles flew off my head and straight into the urinal. Straight into the fucking urinal. I'm done with this shit. Besides, it's extremely gay.

Any similar experiences? No?
                      Dude! What the fuck? Why are so fucking gay? What the fuck man???
                      Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

Yeah, i broke my bathroom mirror shadow boxing one time...

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
                        http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
                        3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Originally posted by sochin101
                        I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
                        That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
                        Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
                        I agree with moosey

Comment

You know the goggles.... they do nothing... Just FYI

Comment

I shadow box in the car, in class, while coding, while eating, I've done kali drills with a butter knife while sitting at IHOP, I've done Wing Chun forms in the shower, I've thrown people with O-Goshi as a form of greeting, I have a friend, an old WC classmate and we still chainpunch at each other whenever we see each other. I've gone for a double leg in public on people from my gym. Yeah, I love this stuff.
                            I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Comment

Originally posted by gavD
                              I do it all the time. I barely even realise I'm doing it sometimes.
                              I only realize I'm doing it when my wife pokes me and says, "Not in public, you're embarassing me." Then again, I'm not sure if that's shadowboxing or me just getting frisky.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X