Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demon Eyes
    replied
    Shadow Boxing in public is A.O.K. As long as no one is looking. Some of you may disagree, well let's face it, it's not as gay as posting it on youtube.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSFvAE7tTrk name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSFvAE7tTrk type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Wow, to look gay and suck tremendously at it. That's a new low.

Leave a comment:

• yodaman
    replied
    No, mostly because I don't like the inevitable attention. I'm quiet like that. I see my douchebag co-worker bragging about his rebreakable board for ATA TKD class, I keep my mouth shut. Same thing with shadowboxing. I don't need people thinking I'm a poser.

Leave a comment:

• 3moose1
    replied
    Originally posted by LThornton
    (who are a step up from the 'LOOK HOW STRAIGHT I AM!!!!' guys).
    those guys are closet cock lovers though...

Leave a comment:

• kiaiki
    replied
    So, shadow boxing is a bit embarrassing when performed in public?

Try kata. No, even worse, try Aikido Kihon Dosa!

At least with shadow-boxing the surprised onlooker knows you are punching - sort of.

My answer to dudes who shadow-box in gyms is to go and smash the floor-mounted bag into the ground and walk off. Well, OK if they look good I leave them to it and prey on idiots.

LOL - last week some Polish guys came in 'sparring' and posing. After my bag smash stunt they asked me for lessons. Then I told them it was Aikido. Gobsmacked. No idea Aikido included punches. Sent them to a guy who offers Karate and Aikido as I don't instruct any more.

The ratio of a room in a gym with mirrors to the number of prats who think they look good in it is 1:20 in any given hour. Me, face on I look good, side on the belly indicates that I am well past realistic pugilism. All rooms should be equipped with mirrors!

Leave a comment:

• Kentucky Fried Chokin
    replied
    I'm shadowboxing when I hear you on the radio...

Leave a comment:

• scorchedearth
    replied
    I shadowbox around the apartment much to the dismay of my wife.

Sometimes in the office bathroom too.

Leave a comment:

• plakat
    replied
    no....cos i'm not a douchebag

Leave a comment:

• new2bjj
    replied
    Originally posted by h_sh_m
    anyone who says no is lying.
    We have a winner!

Leave a comment:

• Beorn
    replied
    i used to spar with a friend of mine basically all around campus, but shadow boxing outside of my home/gym? i prefer not to be associated with the type of people who crochet things that aren't there.

Leave a comment:

• LThornton
    replied
    Actually, when I've got a moment at work or whatever, I often WANT to... but the idea is damned embarrassing, mostly because I don't want to be the kind of douche who is all 'HA HA I DO MARTIAL ARTS LOOK AT ME' because they're as bad as, say, the guys who are all 'I AM SO GAY CHECK ME OUT I AM SUPER SUPER GAY' (who are a step up from the 'LOOK HOW STRAIGHT I AM!!!!' guys).

Then I do it anyway, because practice is practice and I'll take any chance I can get. Anybody who doesn't like it can have a waist-chambered reverse punch from a deep front stance.

Leave a comment:

• Squerlli
    replied
    Originally posted by The Question
    Dude, dude. Lab goggles. Lab fucking goggles. Do you have any idea how much catching some chemical shit in your eye hurts? I don't, because I always wear my fucking goggles.

Naruto doesn't wear goggles. Uchiha Obita does, or rather did, before he got all killed and crushed and shit. I don't see what's wrong with practicing your shit at work when you're bored. Yes, it is a little nerdy and gay and shit, but whatever, you know.
    Ohh... my bad. Please, don't shadow box in front of the urinal anymore dude.
    Please.
    For the sake of all of us.

Leave a comment:

• The Question
    replied
    Originally posted by Squerlli
    To the ?: What are you fucking naruto? Your a 6 foot tall (from what I remember atleast) scarey black man, the fuck is wrong with you god damn it?
    Dude, dude. Lab goggles. Lab fucking goggles. Do you have any idea how much catching some chemical shit in your eye hurts? I don't, because I always wear my fucking goggles.

Naruto doesn't wear goggles. Uchiha Obita does, or rather did, before he got all killed and crushed and shit. I don't see what's wrong with practicing your shit at work when you're bored. Yes, it is a little nerdy and gay and shit, but whatever, you know.

Leave a comment:

• theword
    replied
    I have a friend that does WC and he would start doing forms in the frozen food section of Trader Joes. I would stand horrified and pretend to study the ingredients of a packet of green beans with the utmost scrutiny.

Leave a comment:

• Squerlli
    replied
    Originally posted by illegalusername
    Rape goggles.
    To the ?: What are you fucking naruto? Your a 6 foot tall (from what I remember atleast) scarey black man, the fuck is wrong with you god damn it?

Leave a comment:

• Sakamonster
    replied
    I desperately hope you're kidding

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X