No announcement yet.

Do you shadow box in public?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done Kali drills against a tree while watching my son play at the playground, but only for 2 minutes. I was too embarrassed to continue.

Comment

My old WC buddy Tony, a group of friends, and I used to get together at IHOP every Friday night for coffee. Tony and I used to do Chi Sau in the parking lot whenever anyone went out for a smoke.

Another friend and myself used to meet up in the back parking lot of a Denny's to train Kali. Good times, good times.
      I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Comment

There was also this one time I was sidekicking towards the door of the bathroom and my boss walked in. Luckily I pulled it down and pretended I was walking/losing my footing before he got all confused and started questioning my constitution and shit.

Originally posted by SBG-ape
        goggles?
        Dude, lab goggles. You know that song "she blinded me with science"? Yeah, that's what the fuck happens when you don't wear your goggles.
        Originally posted by El Macho
        Dude! What the fuck? Why are so fucking gay? What the fuck man???
        Dude, dude, why you gotta go and play me like that, man?
        Originally posted by Goju - joe
        being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

I desperately hope you're kidding

Comment

Originally posted by illegalusername
            Rape goggles.
            To the ?: What are you fucking naruto? Your a 6 foot tall (from what I remember atleast) scarey black man, the fuck is wrong with you god damn it?

Comment

I have a friend that does WC and he would start doing forms in the frozen food section of Trader Joes. I would stand horrified and pretend to study the ingredients of a packet of green beans with the utmost scrutiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Squerlli
                To the ?: What are you fucking naruto? Your a 6 foot tall (from what I remember atleast) scarey black man, the fuck is wrong with you god damn it?
                Dude, dude. Lab goggles. Lab fucking goggles. Do you have any idea how much catching some chemical shit in your eye hurts? I don't, because I always wear my fucking goggles.

Naruto doesn't wear goggles. Uchiha Obita does, or rather did, before he got all killed and crushed and shit. I don't see what's wrong with practicing your shit at work when you're bored. Yes, it is a little nerdy and gay and shit, but whatever, you know.
                Originally posted by Goju - joe
                being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

Originally posted by The Question
                  Dude, dude. Lab goggles. Lab fucking goggles. Do you have any idea how much catching some chemical shit in your eye hurts? I don't, because I always wear my fucking goggles.

Naruto doesn't wear goggles. Uchiha Obita does, or rather did, before he got all killed and crushed and shit. I don't see what's wrong with practicing your shit at work when you're bored. Yes, it is a little nerdy and gay and shit, but whatever, you know.
                  Ohh... my bad. Please, don't shadow box in front of the urinal anymore dude.
                  Please.
                  For the sake of all of us.

Comment

Actually, when I've got a moment at work or whatever, I often WANT to... but the idea is damned embarrassing, mostly because I don't want to be the kind of douche who is all 'HA HA I DO MARTIAL ARTS LOOK AT ME' because they're as bad as, say, the guys who are all 'I AM SO GAY CHECK ME OUT I AM SUPER SUPER GAY' (who are a step up from the 'LOOK HOW STRAIGHT I AM!!!!' guys).

Then I do it anyway, because practice is practice and I'll take any chance I can get. Anybody who doesn't like it can have a waist-chambered reverse punch from a deep front stance.

Comment

i used to spar with a friend of mine basically all around campus, but shadow boxing outside of my home/gym? i prefer not to be associated with the type of people who crochet things that aren't there.

Comment

Originally posted by h_sh_m
                        anyone who says no is lying.
                        We have a winner!
                        "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross

Comment

no....cos i'm not a douchebag

Comment

I shadowbox around the apartment much to the dismay of my wife.

Sometimes in the office bathroom too.

Comment

I'm shadowboxing when I hear you on the radio...

Comment

So, shadow boxing is a bit embarrassing when performed in public?

Try kata. No, even worse, try Aikido Kihon Dosa!

At least with shadow-boxing the surprised onlooker knows you are punching - sort of.

My answer to dudes who shadow-box in gyms is to go and smash the floor-mounted bag into the ground and walk off. Well, OK if they look good I leave them to it and prey on idiots.

LOL - last week some Polish guys came in 'sparring' and posing. After my bag smash stunt they asked me for lessons. Then I told them it was Aikido. Gobsmacked. No idea Aikido included punches. Sent them to a guy who offers Karate and Aikido as I don't instruct any more.

The ratio of a room in a gym with mirrors to the number of prats who think they look good in it is 1:20 in any given hour. Me, face on I look good, side on the belly indicates that I am well past realistic pugilism. All rooms should be equipped with mirrors!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X