Fat instructors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CodosDePiedra
    A martial arts instructor is not exactly a fitness instructor. They are a fighting instructor. Some examples:
    He was pretty old then to be fair. He did not look like that as a young man in the 1950's

Comment

This thread is tl;tr so if this has been said before, fuck it.

Having large girth, heck! even having a big, lardass fat belly and being pudgy-looking doesn't necessarily mean squat when it comes to athletic abilities.

Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

That last guy looks deformned, his whole body is out of proportion..
        Last edited by ty5; 2/27/2008 5:46pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by ty5
          That last guy looks deformned, his whole body is out of proportion..
          That's because of the streroids. They cause not only the muscles to swell, but also the internal organs. Thats why some strongmen that have 5% bodyfat look like they have a gut (see Marius).

Comment

I would like to add Somoa Joe, because he is awsome and moves like a smaller man, even if all he does is rasslin'.

Comment

well, yeah you can see some sort of bulge of something trying to force its way from his abdomen

Comment

quato

Comment

Originally posted by Razamataz
                  That's because of the streroids. They cause not only the muscles to swell, but also the internal organs. Thats why some strongmen that have 5% bodyfat look like they have a gut (see Marius).
                  That's not the reason. In fact, everything you said right there is completely wrong (though the assumption on the use of steroids is mostly right... but that's the only thing right you got there.)
                  Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

Originally posted by Teh El Macho
                    That's not the reason. In fact, everything you said right there is completely wrong (though the assumption on the use of steroids is mostly right... but that's the only thing right you got there.)
                    Really? Steriods don't cause your organs to swell? Well all my steriod knowledge is second-hand so I guess I shouldn't that surprised. Listen to Teh El Macho kids, not me.

Comment

roids certainly DO cause certain organs to grow. That's why you have a Ronnie coleman having his stomach stick out more than his chest when he is doing a most muscular.

Comment

Originally posted by Cough/Cool
                        roids certainly DO cause certain organs to grow. That's why you have a Ronnie coleman having his stomach stick out more than his chest when he is doing a most muscular.
                        That's what I thought, but Teh El Macho says I'm wrong.

Comment

I've seen a huge guy break some rebar with his bare hands in a fairly casual manner.That's got to count for something on account of how big this guy was.

Comment

well a lot of those stomachs come from high gh and or insulin use as well - in fact this is probably most likely the cause in many of the cases. But some people that do roids get this as well. That's why it's good to practice vaccums and planks to keep that waist wasp like!
                            Truthfully, there are certainly not enough studies on these.....chemical men to necessarily say what why and how this happens, why it stays for some, why it goes for others so on etc.
                            Look around on the net, there are people complaining of distended stomachs that have only done roids and they are pissed.
                            There's so much stuff out there, who knows?

Comment

Jesus Fucking Christ. You guys are retards. Ron Coleman's abdominal size is due to hyperthropy of his abdominal muscles, not because of swelling of the internal organs. This is what's called a "barrel gut" in bodybuilding circles. Besides, Ron's barrel gut is small relative to the rest of his body. Want to see a real barrel gut? Search for Nasser El Sonbaty.

There is also a genetic component of having a barrel gut (or having a tendency of developing one.)

I challenge you to cite me any form of work wherein it is demonstrated that growth of internal organs due to steroids is the cause of having/developing a barrel gut. Or not - you can choose to ignore doing that search and keep believing so.

As for the original picture that cause this debate (powerlifter Dave Tate), that's abdominal fat over very large, extremely strong abdominals (which is pretty common among powerlifters since they care about lifting lots and don't really care about getting lean and shit.)

Comment

Originally posted by Teh El Macho
                                Jesus Fucking Christ. You guys are retards. Ron Coleman's abdominal size is due to hyperthropy of his abdominal muscles, not because of swelling of the internal organs. This is what's called a "barrel gut" in bodybuilding circles.
                                Either way, it's right sexy, huh?

Oh, & here:

Duuurrrrr.... I like lifty big thingies!!!
                                "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
                                ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
                                ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
                                ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X