Fat instructors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DdlR
    I didn't mention that he also has a thyroid disease. He was more-or-less able to manage his weight before injuring his leg; after that, not so much.

So; no, he's not some undisciplined slob, he's an expert martial artist with a combination of physical disabilities that mean he can't help gaining weight. Any other questions?
    Interesting. According to my completely scientific speculation about one out of 1000 fat people that claim to have thyroid problems actually do.

As an aside, I have pretty bad sciatic pain and it definitely affects my ability to maintain a healthy weight because there are a lot of exercises I can't do anymore and running is pretty much out of the question.

As many have already noted, overweight is one thing. The gelatinous blobs with inflated ranks are entirely different.

Comment

Originally posted by tom.f
      Generally, all false generalizations are not true.
      78.5% of all statistics are total bullshit.
      Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

Originally posted by Dilbert
      "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."

Comment

Originally posted by UpaLumpa
        Interesting. According to my completely scientific speculation about one out of 1000 fat people that claim to have thyroid problems actually do.
        :hello:
        Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

Originally posted by Dilbert
        "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."

Comment

Originally posted by Jim_Jude
          The funny bit is that Ralph would kick the shit out of most folks around here, despite the gut.

Sadly you are probably right. I mean you can tell his school is sub-par but it does state that he's a purple belt in BJJ and although his standup wasn't great, I have seen much worse.

For some odd reason, there are some hot girls that go to that school - are all TX women like that?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKuUz_lk6nA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcCwz017IG4

Comment

Originally posted by nospam
              It didn't sound to me like chris was criticizing the exception to the rule. The exellent MA who's gotten a little older, isn't training as aerobicly because of it and has put on the beer gut as a result. I think he's looking for something more like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VSF49CSlt4

That video was so sappy! I don't know how I should feel abut it; I mean you don't want to make fun of these people right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bustardo
                I'm a 32 year old fat bastard. I'm 6'4" 275 right now. I think ideally I should be 230 at my size/frame. I still manage to keep up with the guys in their early 20's who weigh a hell of a lot less. I do have an excellent side mount/mount though.
                Yeah, that's entirely too heavy. I can just tell that without knowing what % bodyfat you are or how your conditioning is. If you're not careful you could end up like this poor slob.

I mean this wretch was 280 lbs and only 5' 11". Damn those fat instructors.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega the Merciless
                  I agree too.

I know a very heavy set Hapkido instructor (Dngruss1), who looks like Santa. I was at his 4th degree test. He was able to keep up with the 1st and 2nd degrees (of course I think he went through 3 uniforms) but he was not out of shape in the way the OP was describing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy_7TB5mdro
                  Santa? Ouch.

And after all the years I have spent perfecting my surly and annoying demeanor. I prefer to think of myself as the Anti-Clause.

For the record, that was my 5th dan test, and I only went through one uniform jacket- it had absorbed so much sweat that it was standing on its own.

BTW- helpful safety tip- do not use thai boxing linament after you have been sweating profusely and opened up all your pores. It is extremely unpleasant.
                  Last edited by DngrRuss1; 2/27/2008 2:06pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordHumungus
                    Yeah, that's entirely too heavy. I can just tell that without knowing what % bodyfat you are or how your conditioning is. If you're not careful you could end up like this poor slob.

I mean this wretch was 280 lbs and only 5' 11". Damn those fat instructors.
                    Haha, I'd actually like to know what my bodyfat percentage is. It's not where I'd like it to be, but I suspect it's much lower than people would think after hearing 6'4" 275. After this weekend (NAGA: Arnolds) I'm going to just finally bit the bullet and decide to cut weight.

Comment

Just a tip I've found to help out at weigh in. I always set that box of doughnuts down before getting on the scales. (I hang on to the one in my hand though)

Comment

A martial arts instructor is not exactly a fitness instructor. They are a fighting instructor. Some examples:

Mas Oyama

Lynn Thompson (founder of Cold Steel)

Chris Sayoc

Guys from arts that don't emphasize slowly wearing down an opponent.
                        What bothers me more is martial arts instructors that spend a lot of time working out but don't develop their technique to a high level (granted, these ones are less common).
                        Originally posted by Omega the Merciless
                        Wow, that's one dapper blond gentleman.:hello:

Comment

Of course there's always the problem of being so fat that you can't get through your door to go out and exercise. Kind of a vicious circle.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34

Kind of like when I blame my comfy bed for me being a lazy cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus
                            Of course there's always the problem of being so fat that you can't get through your door to go out and exercise. Kind of a vicious circle.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34

Kind of like when I blame my comfy bed for me being a lazy cunt.
                            But that fat fuck sure found a way to get himself some "boss" tattoos.

Comment

Yamashita Physical Stats
                              during 1978 & (1984)

Height: 180.1 cm (180) 5'10", 5'10"

Arm length (right): 78.2 cm (79.9)

Back strength: 215 kg (190 kg) 473, 418 lbs

Lung capacity: 6600 cc (5600 cc)

Grip: (right) 72 kg (same); (left) 67 kg (60 kg) 158 lbs. 147, 132 lbs.

Bench press: 175 kg (170 kg) 385, 374 lbs.

Subcutaneous fat at the midriff: 34 mm (32 mm) 1.25 inches

Leg length: 97.8 cm

Hips: 117 cm (same)

Thigh: 74.5 cm (71.5) 29, 28 inches

Abdominal circumference: 117.8 cm (116) 46, 45.6 inches

Neck: 44.5 cm (46.3) 17.5, 18.2 inches

Chest: 127.3 cm (122.2) 50, 44 inches

Weight: 126 kg (127.8) 277, 281 lbs

Leg strength: (right) 184.5 kg (123) 406, 271 lbs

Vertical jump: 52.5 cm (same)

Side-jumps: 50 (47) (side-jumps in 20 seconds)

100 meters time: 13.5 sec

400 meters: 1 min 15 sec (1'19"2)

1500 meters: 7 min 40 sec (7'55")

I would call him a little Fat but hardly Obese. I think Obese Instructors are the real concern.

Train Hard, Stay Safe,
                              Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by nospam
                                It didn't sound to me like chris was criticizing the exception to the rule. The exellent MA who's gotten a little older, isn't training as aerobicly because of it and has put on the beer gut as a result. I think he's looking for something more like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VSF49CSlt4
                                I think that just proved how easy it is to teach karate to little kids.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X