Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Never Submit": Another MMA Movie (Seriously)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Never Submit": Another MMA Movie (Seriously)

Here's another MMA movie titled "Never Submit". I can't say whether or not it's a sequal to "Never BAck Down" but it features some big names in MMA including: the Rua brothers, Dean Lister, Ken Shamrock, Mick Swick, Josh Koscheck, Nate Quarry, and Michael McDonald. Here's the plot from imbd:

After being haunted by the memories of his father's [which I belive is played by Ken Shamrock]1997 NHB (No-Holds-Barred) fight, a 22 year-old Judo champion trains to enter an MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) tournament.

This is a Canadian movie, which I've seen in other places called "Owned". It's currently in production and is set to release next summer. The other thing is that it has a budget of only $3.5 million, which leads me to belive that this will be a TV movie (probably for Canadian TV) since the writer/director's credits consist of TV movies. If I find anymore info, I'll post it here.
    Last edited by Kentucky Fried Chokin; 2/25/2008 4:13pm, .

I expect to see a lot of broken limbs and people choked the shit out just because of the title.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

http://wedidntlisten.ytmnd.com/

Comment

I will just wait for the Stephen Chow MMA movie.

It will no doubt be better then all these.

Comment

ERNIE HUDSON!

PUT ON UR PROTON PACK N BLAST THEM MMAERZ

Comment

these MMA movies are going to be horrid - all of them.
            It's just much better to watch an MMA fight.
            There's no way that any of these movies could capture the heart, intensity and essence a boxing movie could (Rocky, Raging Bull)

This movie is going to be like Blood Sport at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Cough/Cool
              these MMA movies are going to be horrid - all of them.
              It's just much better to watch an MMA fight.
              There's no way that any of these movies could capture the heart, intensity and essence a boxing movie could (Rocky, Raging Bull)
              That's probably not true. It is if they continue to make MMA films that are less character driven then plot (which is sad when a plot consists of: X has to revenge Y). I mean, there have been plenty of crappy boxing movies as well. Like, Diggstown, Gladiator (which I have a soft spot for), Girlfight, Fighting Tommy Riley and so forth.

edited to add:

Here's another one, sort of (there's some kind of arm bar in the trailer at any rate). I give you, Michael Jai White's latest masterpiece, 'Blood and Bone':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LepCZOV7QH4
              Last edited by theword; 2/25/2008 8:07pm, .

Comment

That looks almost worse than Undisputed 2.

Edit: And who the hell is Michael Jae White anyway? Is Spawn his only good movie? At least "Never Submit" will have the Rua brother, who hopefully will stomp the shit out of everyone else in the film.

Comment

They settled for "Never Submit" after the producers decided that "Get Your Arm Snapped" was too wordy.

And as for Michael Jai White, he's in the upcoming Dark Knight flick, and I think he was in a movie where he played Mike Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Razamataz
                    Is Spawn his only good movie?
                    Spawn is not a good movie.

Comment

Spawn is most definitely a very, very crappy movie.. To put it mildly.
                      Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Comment

Besides, you can't make a good sports movie to a sport where you need to state the rules every single time so that audience gets it. When the critical mass has been reached and no explanations or excuses are needed you can proceed actually try and go build a good story to it.

I mean, look at the first Rocky. It's a story about a 30-something loser. How good it would be if the movie should take 15 minutes just to explain what the newfangled sport called boxing is all about before they can go into telling the life of a reject boxer?

The best sports movies are the ones that use the sport as a framework or background for the story itself and doesn't revolve completely around the sport itself leaving every character so thin you can rip through them with Wing Chun chainpunching(tm).
                        Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Comment

Michael Jai White was in the Jerry Springer movie.

How's that for quality?

(actually he was in Kill Bill volume 2....deleted scene)

Comment

Blood and Bone does appear to have Kimbo Slice in it ... so that's ... I dunno ... interesting .. maybe...

Comment

And Bob Sapp ... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346631/

... this could be a work of genius.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X