"Redbelt" An MMA movie that might not suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Osiris
    Erm, this movie looks retarded. "Never Back Down" looks dumb, but at least entertaining in a UPN Sunday afternoon 80s flick marathon type of way. This looks dumb, pretentious and BORING.
    I think the key word here is PRETENTIOUS.

Seriously, like I said, if it's about MMA, there should be more head bussing involved.

Comment

I would take this time to note that Mammet is about 50/50 on his shit to gold ratio in his writing credits. To his credit, none of it is mundane. So, no matter how this goes down you should get something memorable.

Comment

I don't think you could have a realistic non "crouching dickfood hidden bannana" plot for MMA.

*Bullshido explodes*

Comment

Originally posted by wrapper
          Originally posted by apple.com
          Set in the west-side of Los Angeles fight world, a world inhabited by bouncers, cage-fighters, cops and special forces types
          WTF? Is that shit plotted in some post-apocalyptic future, a-la Mad Max or "Escape from NY"? Man, Phil Elmore must be having an orgasm looking at that plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulgar42Ox
            Looks like a straight to video movie that is going to suck.
            Vulgar--- where in NY are ya-- upstate?

Comment

Originally posted by Teh El Macho
              WTF? Is that shit plotted in some post-apocalyptic future, a-la Mad Max or "Escape from NY"? Man, Phil Elmore must be having an orgasm looking at that plot.
              That's probably just some shitty promo written by one of the movie's marketing people, and hopefully dosen't describe the actual movie at all.

Comment

Most likely. That's why I hate marketing people. God, how the fuck some of them actually graduate from college is a mystery.

Comment

I have a great idea for an MMA movie I swear to God I am going to get off my ass and write it!

Comment

Rolling with hot under-sexed soccer MILFs?

Yes please.

Comment

^^^ Fuck yeah!

--- edit ---

In hindsight, that'd be fucking horrible, like a cross-over of the Real Spoiled House-whores of Orange County with Nip/Tuck and Monk. :tongue6:
                      Last edited by Teh El Macho; 2/21/2008 8:07pm, .

Comment

^^^ Fuck yeah!

--- edit ---

In hindsight, that'd be fucking horrible, like a cross-over of the Real Spoiled House-whores of Orange County with Nip/Tuck and Monk. :tongue6:
                        (Steals Macho's idea and will make millions!!! )

Comment

Alice Braga is in it, so I'll watch.

Comment

So then mount and GnP their designer faces off. I fail to see what's unattractive about this proposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Goju - Joe
                              (Steals Macho's idea and will make millions!!! )
                              Oh man, if that goes on the air, you'll be reviled forever, like Palpatine dude!

Comment

Come on Macho, you KNOW you want some of that 37-year-old mother-of-three sweetness.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X