"Redbelt" An MMA movie that might not suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Redbelt" An MMA movie that might not suck

There's been lots of hype recently about "Never Back Down" the latest effort to capitalize on the rise in popularity of MMA, but another MMA movie set to come out also called "Redbelt". The plot outline from imdb.com reads:

A fateful event leads to a job in the film business for top mixed-martial arts instructor Mike Terry (Ejiofor). Though his refuses to participate in prize bouts, circumstances conspire to force him to consider entering such a competition.

I think Redbelt might actually be good for several reasons: (1) it's written and directed by David Mammet (Spartan, the Spanish Prisoner, Heist) who has a Purple belt in BJJ under one of the Gracies (2) It has Randy Couture in it (3) It has Enson Inoue and John Machado (4) It doesn't look like a total piece of shit. Anyway, here's the trailer from MMAmania: http://mmamania.com/2008/02/14/movie-trailer-for-david-mamets-mma-movie-red-belt-with-ufcs-randy-couture/.
    Last edited by Kentucky Fried Chokin; 2/14/2008 7:55pm, .

Ok THAT I may actually see.
    安氏八极拳学生

Comment

Holy shit....that actually looks pretty cool.

Comment

Damn you for making me want to pay 8$ to see a movie, DAMN YOU!
        I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Comment

That does look really good. Got some decent supporting actors in it.

Comment

Uhhhh... No. Not my style.

I think the other one might even be more entertaining.
            Originally posted by Goju - joe
            being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

Man that black marble is a bitch.
              Check out my blog!:

http://jadonbjj.blogspot.com/

Comment

I heard about this months back but when I saw Tim Allen in it I assumed it was just some comedy flick using BJJ as a back drop. Guess it wasn't... yeah I'm gonna shell out some cash for this.

Comment

Here's some marketing peices about the movie:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uixr1tYcGoY
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS_FO8x-hO4

Comment

Looks that they really made a decent film about it. It captures how many are trying to ride the MMA craze, while adding a gimmick. I LIKE IT! Even if it is a bit, redundant. An MMA movie depicting the capitalism of the MMA craze.

Comment

I've been looking forward to this movie for a while.

Comment

Looks okay... but it could do with about 50% less marbles.

Comment

I will marble the shit out of this movie and then marble all over it's face whilst rubbing my marbles

Comment

Wow - great cast, and Mamet is one of the best scriptwriters in the business. I'm going to see that movie.
                            Check out the Bullshido.net Western Martial Arts Forum for all things Western, martial and arty.

Bartitsu: the Gentlemanly Art of Self Defence (est. 1899)

Comment

This movie looks really good.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X