American Gladiators - they're baaaaaaack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Gladiators - they're baaaaaaack

Premieres tonight on NBC at 9pm est. Hosted by Hulk Hogan and some other girl that I don't recognize.
    http://www.nbc.com/American_Gladiators/index.shtml

I couldn't find much on the bios for the gladiators, but the contestants range from professional "stepper" to shark fisherman.

Some of the more notable ones are the wrestling coach, FDNY firefighter, and a female bull rider from Australia (no, she's a woman, she doesn't ride mythical female bulls).

All the old fun games are back too. Like the one where they shoot tennis balls at 100mph at each other, king-of-the-hill style Pyramid, and the ever classic Joust.

The reason I'm going to watch this though: Earthquake - Aerial grappling at its best as contender and Gladiator engage in hand-to-hand combat on a 12-foot diameter platform as it gyrates above the arena floor. The loser is the first person thrown off.

Judo ftw?

Will be interesting to see how long the show lasts.
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

This is gonna get trollshido'd in a second, besides that theres a fuckin banner tellin me everything you just did right on the homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by partyboy
      Premieres tonight on NBC at 9pm est. Hosted by Hulk Hogan and some other girl that I don't recognize.
      http://www.nbc.com/American_Gladiators/index.shtml

I couldn't find much on the bios for the gladiators, but the contestants range from professional "stepper" to shark fisherman.

Some of the more notable ones are the wrestling coach, FDNY firefighter, and a female bull rider from Australia (no, she's a woman, she doesn't ride mythical female bulls).

All the old fun games are back too. Like the one where they shoot tennis balls at 100mph at each other, king-of-the-hill style Pyramid, and the ever classic Joust.

The reason I'm going to watch this though: Earthquake - Aerial grappling at its best as contender and Gladiator engage in hand-to-hand combat on a 12-foot diameter platform as it gyrates above the arena floor. The loser is the first person thrown off.

Judo ftw?

Will be interesting to see how long the show lasts.
      If they bring back the charm and style from the first series, then it would do well IMO. I'm taking tonight's episode with low to mid expectations.

Comment

Obligatory unoriginal 'Gina Carano' is hot post.

Spare me.
        Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Originally posted by PizDoff
          Obligatory unoriginal 'Gina Carano' is hot post.

Spare me.

We'll forgive you because, near as I can tell, she's the ONLY hot female gladiator.
          Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
          and remember what peace there may be in silence.
          As far as possible, without surrender,
          be on good terms with all persons.
          Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
          and listen to others,
          even to the dull and ignorant;
          they too have their story.

-excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

Comment

My Tivo is set. If it sucks, I can just FFWD to the good parts, if there are any.

Comment

Meh. I think it's gonna suck.
              Originally posted by Goju - joe
              being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

ugh... give me a minute
                In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

Comment

christ, yeah. roided-out/badly acted gladiators with only so-so interesting events. only the women did the earthquake-grappling thing and the only exciting thing there was a half-assed german suplex. I couldn't make it more than halfway through.

Comment

jiu jitsu for the win! carano with the great sweep down the pyramid!

Comment

Originally posted by partyboy
                      OP's first post
                      You and your lowest common denominator reality show get the fuck off my internet.
                      Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by vinhthekid
                        I saw that. This isn't a fucking reality show. It's a game show. We can't just call all non-scripted shows reality shows.
                        I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

Comment

Originally posted by vinhthekid
                          I actually started having hopes for the show when she pulled guard on that girl... then it was quickly squashed by the rest of the gladiators' idiocy.

Comment

I wanna see Randy Coutre compete in this thing. Just to watch him wreck everyone.

Comment

Let it die.

Ninja Warrior is far superior anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtg_6ShqefE

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X