Where did you get your name from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you get your name from?

I've only been around for a few months, but I have already seen many great and aweful screen names around this site. In another thread Omega enlightend us as to where he got his sn from. I figure it might be entertaining to hear where others got their screen names from.

Hooded Justice - The Watchmen. This was the first true graphic novel I had ever read and it blew me away.

My second choices were Pain Train (liesure suit larry) and The Duke of Ted (B&TEA).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Men

For those who didn't see the other thread.

Comment

my mother. im actually named after a fat comedian alled alexei sayle, but i tell the girls i was named after alexander the great.

Comment

The Misfits (a band)

Comment

I don't wanna talk about it.....

EVER...............:help:
          Last edited by JingMerchant!; 12/28/2007 7:15pm, .
          "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the shit out of you.
          And when the shit's been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded Justice

Hooded Justice - The Watchmen. This was the first true graphic novel I had ever read and it blew me away.
            Watchmen may be the greatest graphic novel I have ever read! Truly amazing, I recommend it to anyone.

BTW, did you know there is a movie due in 2009?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/

Comment

Oh, and to answer the original question:

I like coffee......a lot.

Comment

It was kind of a nickname after this guy.

Comment

music nickname..comes from colliding with equipment and furniture during practice.
                  sigpic

Comment

I just finished reading through Watchmen, it's really amazing stuff.

I sign my name as S. Lindsay, picked up the nickname when I was 5 or 6 and it's just stuck since then.

Comment

The street on which I lived on the Lower East Side about eleven years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JingMerchant!
                        I don't wanna talk about it.....

EVER...............:help:
                        Yeah me niether!:tongue6:

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                          my mother.
                          Same.

Well, my mother, not Alex's mother.

Comment

From Lewis Carrol's "The Jabberwocky". It's also the title of my book.

Comment

Mine comes from martial arts classes I took in the Detroit area in, I believe, 1999 or 2000. I've since come to my senses, disavowed anything remotely _ing _un and am on a temporary, money-related hiatus from BJJ.

This Web site actually made me question everything I was doing and pick up BJJ. I just kept the name and don't plan to change it. Makes it easier for people to keep track of everyone if they stick with one.

The Christmas names all the staff have on here throw me for a damn loop!
                              Official member of the Bruce Buffer 360 War Wagon

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X