No announcement yet.

Where did you get your name from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe it or not, "Scrapper" is my old MechWarrior handle, and not an allusion to my ugly, unorthodox, and cringe-inducing fighting style.

It's just a coincidence that the handle fit both.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

my old stage name + 25. it works!

Comment

From Sick of it All

Comment

My great grandfather was called the nickname "meataxe" at school. He went on to become a Methodist minister instead of a serial killer. It's also a play on words for my real name.
          Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
          - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Teh El Macho
            Color me surprised. I always thought it was based on this instead:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Omega_Man

I too am surprised. I assumed an 'Omega male' reference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_m...and_omega_male

Comment

My granddad (adopted kinda) was a Tuskeegee Airman.

Comment

inspired by Aleister Crowley.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                  my mother. im actually named after a fat comedian alled alexei sayle, but i tell the girls i was named after alexander the great.
                  You're named after Alexei Sayle? OMFG do I feel old. Still, Alexei Sayle is a pretty cool namesake.

Comment

You don't know?

That's because you don't ask The Question.

Yup yup, from the most awesomest DC character ever created.
                    Originally posted by Goju - joe
                    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

I just took my Nickname from my secondary school years ... back in my hometown most of the people I know, call me that way.
                      Why they called me that way? Don't know ... somehow some classmates of mine (including myself) got the names of some sportsmen as there nicknames ... I actually got 4 nicknames at a time all refered to differend soccerplayers ( one was Raul) ... but it ended with Shaepe and that was it.

Comment

I'm an Aerospace Engineer and former pilot. Planes are in my blood.

Originally posted by meataxe
                        My great grandfather was called the nickname "meataxe" at school. He went on to become a Methodist minister instead of a serial killer. It's also a play on words for my real name.
                        I was going to ask you about that. Once you looked calm, and unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by AeroChick
                          Planes are in my blood.
                          Your white blood cells must be able to get around pretty quickly then. Do you have healing/regenerative powers? You know like Wolverine, or Hayden Penetiere?
                          Originally posted by Goju - joe
                          being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

Originally posted by The Question
                            Your white blood cells must be able to get around pretty quickly then. Do you have healing/regenerative powers? You know like Wolverine, or Hayden Penetiere?
                            Hey, if anything on me looked like Hayden Panetiere, I'd be happy! Even blood cells.

Comment

When I first started hanging out with my best friends from college, we went to the mall. There was a small kiosk selling bootleg martial arts movies on DVD. I promptly bought about $100 worth, a rather large stack at bootleg prices, and I had a glowing smile on my face throughout. I explained that I'd always had a huge interest in the martial arts, and that I loved Kung-Fu flicks.

From that point on, my buddies all called me Kung-Fu Joe. Ironically, I've never trained in any sort of kung-fu.

--Joe

Comment

Mine is simple and I use it for a majority of the things I post to. It's my first initial, then my last name, then lastly 2006 for the year I got done with tech school.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X