Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omega Scrooged Me
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Men

For those who didn't see the other thread.
    Color me surprised. I always thought it was based on this instead:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Omega_Man
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

For me, my name has been in stages.

elnyka --> short for El Nica (Nica being a short for Nicaraguan). Though I had to use a "y" and a "k" cuz the name was already taken on yahoo.

Then, it came, El Macho. I used that one before on other sites, but I think I originally got that from a joke I read in the Onion.

From there it came Teh El Macho, the "Teh" firmly placing "El Macho" in the interweebz heavens.
      Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

I thought it had to do with your taste in women.

Comment

After some research, I've confirmed my suspicion that my name is taken from a Redwall book I read a long long time ago. There was a giant osprey with a Scottish accent called "The Mighty Megraw" in one of the books, and I think that laid the template for "TheMightyMcClaw."
          Mostly, I just like the alliteration of "The Mighty McClaw." It has a good ring to it. I think I initially used it on some program that didn't allow spaces in names, so it got shortened to "TheMightyMcClaw." I've gotten used to seeing it that way, and I kept typing it without space.
          The fool thinks himself immortal,
          If he hold back from battle;
          But old age will grant him no truce,
          Even if spears spare him.

Comment

My name has no special meaning, just something I came up with off the top of my head.

It's the most problematic name I've used due to many getting the impression that I'm making a statement about my fighting ability (which is non-existent).

Comment

First part of my last name. Some Judo guy already took "The Heat," my previous nickname. Karo Parispisomething.

Comment

My inspiration for my log-in name.

GMW

Comment

"Who is the master, Leeroy? Who is the master?!"

Man, The Last Dragon is a cool movie. Totally stupid, camp and cheesy, but I love it just like that.

Comment

I have diabolical physiognomy, and I can jump really high. Also, I love the way oilskins look on me, especially when peaking out from under a black cloak, and with a matching helmet. When I combined all of this with my penchant for tomfoolery and sometimes mean-spirited hi jinx, I gained quite a bit of notoriety. After spooking a few horses and scratching a few faces, I picked up the name.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
                    King, and lord of sin and pride
                    With some mist his wits make dark.
                    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! MOTHERFUCKER.

Comment

One of the black belts started called me that one day ... then a lot of other people also started calling me that ... and the ATT ... well that's obvious

Comment

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
                        I have diabolical physiognomy, and I can jump really high. Also, I love the way oilskins look on me, especially when peaking out from under a black cloak, and with a matching helmet. When I combined all of this with my penchant for tomfoolery and sometimes mean-spirited hi jinx, I gained quite a bit of notoriety. After spooking a few horses and scratching a few faces, I picked up the name.
                        Love your work.
                        Check out the Bullshido.net Western Martial Arts Forum for all things Western, martial and arty.

Bartitsu: the Gentlemanly Art of Self Defence (est. 1899)

Comment

Well... I was kinda big. And it's a misspelling of my last name. I've had the nickname for 16 or 17 years. There are people I know IRL who only know me by "Huge" and don't know my real name.

I'm still kinda big. Just not as...

Comment

The Great Jim Londos, The Golden Greek of Professional Wrestling.
                            Gentleman, Shooter, humanitarian

Comment

I grew up reading Thor comics.....later nicknamed my rifle "Thor" (because a .308 can can "call down the thunder")...but mostly because of a Man-O-War song.

Comment

I was in a fairly successful local band in college. We were a hip-hop group in which I played guitar (by the way, we were an actual hip-hop group, we were not 'rap-rock' or 'hard-rap' or anything with a white front man screaming and crying and stringing together awkward rhymes) I felt like I needed a rapper-street-MC name. Since I didn't speak much at all during our shows I thought that calling myself 'The Word' would be funny. Of course, since I didn't speak much at our shows no one ever heard the joke.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X