Where did you get your name from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asriel
    The sort of people who picketed The Golden Compass because of it's stance on the church. Or the ones who believe that being touched on the head by some incestuous yahoo is more likely to make them walk again than modern medicine.
    2 for 1.

Another damned attractive Avatar - Liz Vicious, no?

And a reference to Jonathan Swift and "Gulliver's Travels" or is that "Gullible's ?"

Comment

T'is indeed the lovely young Liz mate but I'm a little confused about your mention of Gulliver's Travels. It's been a long time since I read it but I don't see where you got the connection from.
      " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

Well, some years ago, a mate and I were ogling the girls (he was a successful bloke - teh Bast*rd, whereas I'm not) and as he was surveying them he mentioned that it was like being at an Eddie Hardon concert. I'd had a few drinks but he was drunk and I laughed my Head off. So, when I was stuck for a log-in name, I remember that incident and it still made me laugh, so I use that.

Thankfully, the Names and Avatars often amuse me or make me laugh. Olorin's "The Doctor will see you now" is a nice nod to Dr Who (BBC TV). If there was no humour, I'd probably switch off.

Comment

Originally posted by Asriel
          T'is indeed the lovely young Liz mate but I'm a little confused about your mention of Gulliver's Travels. It's been a long time since I read it but I don't see where you got the connection from.
          Yahoos were the braying characters in teh (sic) text.

Keep up the high standard, it's a joy to look at.

Have a good one. Hope your groundfighting et al is going well. I've been hearing good things about the London Fight Factory from someone who goes there (and does Trad JJ on the side).

Every good wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Hardon
            Yahoos were the braying characters in teh (sic) text.

Keep up the high standard, it's a joy to look at.

Have a good one. Hope your groundfighting et al is going well. I've been hearing good things about the London Fight Factory from someone who goes there (and does Trad JJ on the side).

Every good wish.
            As I said, it's been a long time since I read it so I'm afraid your literal reference was lost on me, sorry dude.

Didn't join LFF in the end. Was kindly pointed towards this club:

www.rogergracievieacademy.co.uk
            " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

In the fictional universes of Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Fantasy, Khorne is one of the four major Chaos gods. Like his brother gods, Khorne grew from a single survivalist emotion: in his case, the emotion was rage. Khorne is the Chaos god of hate, war, violence and killing; for this reason he bears sobriquets such as Blood God and Lord of Skulls.
              Khorne is a spartan god of war who acts outwardly by seeking the death of others, preferring close combat over ranged weaponry; as such, he is completely opposed to the hedonistic Slaanesh, an inwardly acting god who seeks pleasure in every act and experience. He has a strong distrust of wizards and sorcerers, whom he sees as cowards; this means he is also highly suspicious of Tzeentch, although they are not archenemies. In Warhammer Fantasy, these relationships affect the makeup of an army which is dedicated to Khorne. The only thing he respects is strength.
              He is described as an extremely well-muscled, hundreds of feet tall beast-headed monster sitting on a brass throne atop a mountain of skulls in the middle of a sea of blood. The skulls are described as belonging to both his victims and his worshippers alike, as Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows, as long as it flows. Due to the immense amount of violence and killing occurring throughout the universe, Khorne is the strongest of the Chaos gods. The colours associated with him are red, brass and black, and these colours feature prominently in his demonic hordes and are usually adopted by his followers. The correct adjective to indicate individuals and events related to this God is "Khornate".

basically, I made up the name for one of the Heroes in my original Warhammer Fantasy army. It was either Khornelius Praxx, Daemion Abraxx, Alexx Van Hellion, Khargoth the Destroyer, or Lord Ludwig von Hellfire. I think I chose wisely.
              Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

Originally posted by Dilbert
              "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."

Comment

My lesbian roomates thought I sounded like a pirate when I was drunk.
                You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Comment

...also...I was going to use Anthony but it was already taken.

Comment

Originally posted by KhorneliusPraxx
                    Lord Ludwig von Hellfire. I think I chose wisely.
                    I like the Khorne thing, but Lord Ludwig von Hellfire sounds more of an ass man, and given your almost pirate-like obsession with the booty, you could have gone either way.
                    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by sochin101
                      I like the Khorne thing, but Lord Ludwig von Hellfire sounds more of an ass man, and given your almost pirate-like obsession with the booty, you could have gone either way.
                      obsession...yes
                      but you weren't here in the old days...pirate references are a bad move...

How soon they forget. Do I need to bring back my original signiture.

"She should do whatever art pirates did. Some of those guys only had a peg leg."
                      -brandeissansoo (making fun of my beautiful wife)

What kind of A-hole makes fun of a polio victem? Helpless babies, in war torn countries, stricken with crippling disease...HILARIOUS! Trust me, she looks nothing like a pirate.
                      -KhorneliusPraxx (being the protective husband)

These quotes come from this, one of my first threads:
                      What art should she train in?
                      Last edited by KhorneliusPraxx; 1/08/2008 10:45am, .

Comment

Originally posted by KhorneliusPraxx
                        obsession...yes
                        but you weren't here in the old days...pirate references are a bad move...
                        Yaaargghh?
                        Fairly warned be I.

The drama was revisited late last year when someone made an ironic Pirates V Ninjas poll and was soundly negged.
                        Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Hardon
                          I remember Spring Heeled Jack as a comic character in The Victor or The Valiant or Hotspur )(it might have that one). A 17th Century character and Highwayman with, gasp, Spring-loaded Heels?

No?

Cheers
                          I don't know about all that. When I was a kid I read some book containing several different ghost stories and supernatural tales. For whatever reason, I was fascinated with the stories of Spring Heeled Jack, and my fascination has continued all these years. This wiki page has basically the same stories on SHJ that I first read.

(I could jump really high when I was younger, but that had no bearing on my choice of screen name.)

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
                          King, and lord of sin and pride
                          With some mist his wits make dark.
                          He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! MOTHERFUCKER.

Comment

I always wanted to race a forklift. Seriously.

:car25:

Comment

Originally posted by ForkLiftRacer

Get help?
                              Originally posted by Goju - joe
                              being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

Originally posted by ForkLiftRacer

<sings>HE TRIIIEED TO RACE ME WITH A FORKLIFT!</sings>

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X