"Banned from Boxing"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Banned from Boxing"

A new book: "Banned from Boxing - the Forgotten Grappling Techniques of Classic Pugilism"

Join Western martial artist Kirk Lawson as he explores the exciting and mostly forgotten world of grappling from historic boxing.

Using antique boxing manuals as reference as well as a healthy dose of experience, Kirk systematically presents in easy to follow terms and sequences the throws, trips, and grapples of historic boxing.

With more than 70 illustrations, both new and taken from historic manuals, modern martial artists and boxing historians alike will find this book an indispensable reference.
    http://www.lulu.com/content/1374565
    Check out the Bullshido.net Western Martial Arts Forum for all things Western, martial and arty.

Bartitsu: the Gentlemanly Art of Self Defence (est. 1899)

Thanks for sharing?

Noisy Day
    This brand new format from Amazing Baby introduces first words in a playful way by pairing them with fun sounds that young children will recognise. Help your child develop language and motor skills and have fun all at the same time! Suitable for babies as young as 8 months.
    http://www.redhouse.co.uk/webapp/wcs...7605_category_
    Originally posted by sochin101
    Dude, whassup? Did they freeze your dick then accidentally use it to cool down a thimble full of water? Or, did you mis-spell crayonist? You know, the guy who makes sure the wax crayons you use aren't too sharp in case you decide to do the decent thing and kill yourself.
    Training log. Here

JFS vs The Villain here

Comment

Wow, writing a book takes time and effort. How did this dude not start feeling stupid in the process?

Comment

Looks like it could be an interesting read.

Comment

You are the master of finding info like this..thanks for sharing!
          " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Comment

Seems interesting. I wouldn't mind having a book like that in my personal library.

Comment

Seems interesting in a "I could have just read a couple pages text on a website, but now I'm stuck with a whole fucking book" kind of way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
                Seems interesting in a "I could have just read a couple pages text on a website, but now I'm stuck with a whole fucking book" kind of way.
                Kinda like college eh?
                "Emevas,
                You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

Just take Judo or something, Why learn something just because of its history?

Comment

Emevas, I dropped out for a reason.

Comment

Emevas, I dropped out for a reason.
                      Drugs?
                      "Emevas,

Comment

...lack thereof.

Comment

...lack thereof.
                          I wasn't asking, I was offering.
                          "Emevas,

Comment

Originally posted by Letum
                            Just take Judo or something, Why learn something just because of its history?
                            Academic interest is good enough for me, but if you're looking for a technical reason, judo doesn't cover defenses against boxing punches or throws you can pull off while wearing boxing gloves. The old-time boxing champions knew their standing grappling and throws just as well as their punches and they still have something to offer.
                            Check out the Bullshido.net Western Martial Arts Forum for all things Western, martial and arty.

Bartitsu: the Gentlemanly Art of Self Defence (est. 1899)

Comment

Originally posted by Emevas
                              I wasn't asking, I was offering.
                              If you've got the money, honey, I've got the time.

Originally posted by DumbDickLickingRetard
                              Academic interest is good enough for me, but if you're looking for a technical reason, judo doesn't cover defenses against boxing punches or throws you can pull off while wearing boxing gloves. The old-time boxing champions knew their standing grappling and throws just as well as their punches and they still have something to offer.
                              Academic interest is cool, but you know, I can't help but wonder if you could, and I know this is a crazy idea, I mean, no one really does it right now, but you could almost COMBINE Judo and Boxing into a sort of "mix" of "martial arts" and train them both at the same time. Insane, I know.
                              Last edited by Roidie McDouchebag; 12/15/2007 6:24pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X