BJJ vs Wing Chun (with video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJJ vs Wing Chun (with video)

After seeing that a fellow bullshido member (uneasywerewolf) trained at the same university I do in the Wing Chun club, I got talking to him and asked him to meet up and spar; he readily agreed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZYQwNLAnAI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FefVTpqVVI4

We also sparred kickboxing; will post those videos once they finish processing on youtube.

I don't understand. His Chisao doesn't work as a defence from under mount? I don't think your friend has the real Wing Chun.

Comment

Well of course RunningDog, we all know that only WingTsun (tm) works under pressure.

Comment

Wow. You look slick DasMoose. I felt sorry for the WC guy, you are obviously at very differant skill levels. It was all done on good terms I trust? How did he feel his training held up?

Comment

Oh yeah it was totally friendly, and I take my hat off to uneasywerewolf for having the balls to come down and spar, you have no idea how many people have backed out of these sorts of sparring matches with me.

He's a really nice guy and he said that it raised questions about his training for him - I'm sure he'll be on at some point today or tomorrow to comment himself.

Comment

Poor WC dude got manhandled, Das Moose/Reindeer nice takedowns - still if he keeps sparring with you he will develope some takedown defence.

Comment

Good call by werewolf for testing his skillz. You may have done him a major favour there...

Comment

Being from Ireland shouldn't you both be studying Drunken Boxing :P

- Ha, just kidding nice vid.

Comment

Good job on getting him onto the mat. Good display of sportsmanship as well.

Double leg takedowns still need work, but those were well timed shoots.
                  Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Thanks jnp, altho my shots were possibly even worse than the one you dissected :D

Going to start tightening them up asap.

Comment

Kickboxing sparring

I know my Thai isn't very good so feel free to mock it you cruel bullshidoka.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyYduJ4fCLA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc1aMMdb1Gw

Comment

Nice videos, did you go over anything with him, or maybe have a few more rounds where you slowed down to give him some time to play?
                        Last edited by FictionPimp; 12/11/2007 9:13am, .
                        "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Comment

He's coming to the BJJ class tomorrow night :-)

Comment

Video 2, 15 seconds in. Was that some kind of neck massage?

Comment

Mate, I would say next time go a bit lighter with the stand up. If you meet up again I would suggest only going 50% power and just working on good technique. I honestly feel bad for the guy. Because he only has a year in TMA you were able to treat him like a punch bag. Honestly it bodes well to be nice to your training partners.

As for your technique, I certainly wouldn't call it bad, especially for a grappler. So good job there.

uneasywerewolf needs to be shown things from scratch.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X