The Goals of Martial Arts Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goals of Martial Arts Training

Learning martial arts is not just good for self defense but there are many other things than physical strength and techniques that martial arts women can benefit from, such as:
    Mental and physical health

Your physical health will improve greatly due to the (often physically demanding) exercise. Martial arts for women will also help you improve your mental strength as you will be taught to focus one one single thing. Concentration is a very important part of martial arts training and being able to form a mental picture of your success is beneficial to your effectiveness as a martial arts student.
    Self confidence

By learning a certain martial art you will be able to focus on one goal, physically and mentally. You will feel stronger mentally because you build up a sense of security and a knowledge deep down that you will be able to manage and deal with a potentially dangerous situation.
    Learning body dynamics

Rebecka, this is not an investigatory thread or one concerning questionable behavior in the martial arts so it doesn't belong in MABS. Seeing you have 1 post I'm sending you to newbie town before you get eaten alive.

Comment

You're home website is devoted to women's self defense products, are you looking to advertise at Bullshido?

Comment

No I'm Not advertising, i just post information to who are all visiting my thread, thats it, no spam nothing, Surely this information will help womens, that is my own web site, its related to self defense , so i just put it in my signature, so, kindly accept my post
        Last edited by Rebecka Rilee; 11/29/2007 11:35pm, .

Comment

What exactly is your definition of "mental strength"?

Comment

Mental Strength
            Your physical health will improve greatly due to the (often physically demanding) exercise. Martial arts for women will also help you improve your mental strength as you will be taught to focus one one single thing. Concentration is a very important part of martial arts training and being able to form a mental picture of your success is beneficial to your effectiveness as a martial arts student.

Comment

your grammar is kind of confusing.

Comment

Sorry for that, what you didn't understand, reply me i will explain you briefly, i will give some information here, tell me whether you understand or not.
                Women in martial arts need to dedicate a lot of time to meditation and mental training. If you know that you can beat an opponent, you have already won half the fight.
                Benefits of Martial Arts
                Martial arts have many benefits besides providing you with techniques to defend yourself if needed:

* Martial arts improve self awareness of your mind and body.
                * As self awareness and focus plays a big part in the martial arts, you will be able to focus more and better on tasks in your daily life.
                * You will improve your alertness due to the fact that you will get used to focus but also notice small details of anything that is going on in your surroundings at the same time.
                Atleast this point you can able to understand madeofcandy ?

Comment

I guess I'm still confused as to who you're aiming your diatribes at?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecka Rilee
                    Mental Strength
                    You didn't answer my question. You just either copied and pasted from your original post, or you're a bot giving triggered responses.

Comment

Originally posted by NJM
                      You didn't answer my question. You just either copied and pasted from your original post, or you're a bot giving triggered responses.
                      Yea, your actually telling us what it does rather then what it is. whether its right or wrong.

Comment

i'm not a bot, i will give you nice information about this soon, now i'm going out, sorry for make you wait

Comment

"Asthma Treatment

Find a Treatment that May Reduce the Need for a Rescue Inhaler "

Is the AD I'm getting for this site....

lawl

In any case, much of BS is dedicated to helping find proper practices in martial arts. If your style is dedicated towards Women's martial arts, why don't you detail for us what exactly it is you do? What would a standard class for women's martial arts involve in your classes, or on your videos? What SHOULD it involve?

Comment

Okay Becky, what is your background in the martial arts and how much of that training involved full contact sparring?

Comment

I'd like to help improve your site by giving you some advice on your weapons defense area.

Listing any kind of shotgun or rifle as effective self defense is foolish as you can't carry these weapons anywhere outside your own home or a gun range. On your website, cheap blowguns and electric airsoft guns are listed under defense equipment. Those sections should be deleted in their entirety. My head will explode if I try and explain why blowguns are horrible for self defense. Airsoft pistols are toys plain and simple. Only good at agitating small animals. Shooting an attacker with an airsoft gun is more likely to piss them off than deter them, unless they simply see it and run which is iffy seeing as they almost all have bright orange safety tips. Really why pull a toy out for self defense? I would take off throwing knives also as those are something that takes a lot of skill and practice to use remotely effectively.

For real (generalized women's) gun self defense get a hamerless double action 9mm/.38 revolver. They are small/compact relatively cheap, a good size round for a woman as they don't have a lot of kick. A hamerless revolver has the bonus of being a revolver (never misfires or jams) and hamerless/double action means its literally a point and shoot weapon, no chambering or fumbling to cock a hammer. The idea of your site in promoting self defense for women is fine but you need to be more educated in your suggestions on gun based self defense as what you have listed is more likely to get people hurt than help.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X