Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UpaLumpa
    Haha.
    The mecho guy doesn't know what a omaplata is. You got challenged by a white belt.

That said, aside from the nonsense on the lineage thread, the 3-4 posts I saw by Perry were consistent with general BJJ thinking.
    yeah I thought the same thing, lol

While I was suprised to see that Sansei Al did know of the Reverse Omoplata, I was not suprised to see that he couldn't spell it, and thought it was "not practical"

Hermes Franca gave a recent string of seminars in the area, and he taught the reverse omoplata in all of them.... wouldn't be suprised to hear he got it from that or something.
    Last edited by M-Tri; 11/26/2007 1:16pm, .

Comment

so how long do you think before this guy bans us all and closes his forum to the public (like his "dojo")... or deletes it all together, lol

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65
        From Al Perry: "Yes Kimura lock isn't used against the legs. The Ompelata is similar to the Kimura and uses YOUR legs to lock your partners ARM."
        Ignoring the spelling (I know plenty of skilled guys that are borderline illiterate), that is essentially what an omo/oma (seen it spelled numerous ways) is.

As for his conduct, we've seen legit guys go bonkers before. I am however in complete agreement that the tool would have simply said "I got my black from Randombrazillian" and then continued to try and pick a fight if something weren't likely shady.

Comment

First he is going to tell on all of you. That is why he is asking for names and credentials.

He'll call each and every instructor he can find.
          Then he is going to whine about how dishonorable you guys are. He'll say you guys are picking fights on the internet so on and so forth.

He will then come back with some type of LOL wait until you get to class. Then when you come back and say my teacher was mad because, some crackpot called whining about his rank he'll ban and lock his forum.

Comment

As for his conduct, we've seen legit guys go bonkers before. I am however in complete agreement that the tool would have simply said "I got my black from Randombrazillian" and then continued to try and pick a fight if something weren't likely shady.
            I said it happened before.

People just can believe people still act like this.

Comment

Ignoring the spelling (I know plenty of skilled guys that are borderline illiterate), that is essentially what an omo/oma (seen it spelled numerous ways) is.
              But you're overlooking the fact that he called it "impractical"... I mean, come on.

Well clearly <mumble>blahblableh</mumble> Gracie gave him his black belt

I've contacted a few high level guys in this area, and so far nobody has ever heard of him. and he's obviously never competed or something would have come up with his name in a search somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake
                First he is going to tell on all of you. That is why he is asking for names and credentials.

He'll call each and every instructor he can find.
                Then he is going to whine about how dishonorable you guys are. He'll say you guys are picking fights on the internet so on and so forth.

He will then come back with some type of LOL wait until you get to class. Then when you come back and say my teacher was mad because, some crackpot called whining about his rank he'll ban and lock his forum.

Like any of our instructors would really care (assuming this guy is bogus; which seems pretty clear at this point)... in fact if he calls the wrong one he might turn the heat up on himself even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey Triangles
                  Like any of our instructors would really care (assuming this guy is bogus; which seems pretty clear at this point)... in fact if he calls the wrong one he might turn the heat up on himself even more.
                  Dude you asked what would happen.

I didn't say your instructors would care that he called. I said they would be mad cause some crackpot called and wasted their time.

Make more sense now.

Comment

I actually wouldn't be extremely surprised if "Sensei Al" was Mecho's version of Tyler Durden or a joint project with a friend. Maybe it's the next development of Milton Wallace-ism, where instead of making yourself a bad-ass sifu/sensei/fighter to get chicks you invent one as an instructor. Weird, unlikely maybe, but stranger things have happened.

If he does exist, could be a JJJ black belt who knows some BJJ and took the issue of wearing your black belt in one art while teaching another a little to heart.

If those quotes from his students are accurate, it seems weird he'd be calling the UFC the home of muscle-head steroid users where the deadly techniques are forbidden, BJJ a moneymaking Gracie scheme (the GJJ/BJJ thing seems lost on him since he got his belt "from a gracie'' and then says BJJ is a gracie scheme, it's like a double contradiction, or at least he's not making the distinction), and then wants to teach MMA and and is uber-serious abour BJJ. None of it makes sense.

edit- and giant pics of helio on his school site, gracie money making scheme indeed lol
                    Last edited by ironlurker; 11/26/2007 4:10pm, .

Comment

Someone should set up a poll. That way mikey can spread out the responsibility "bullshido made me do it" is bound to stand up in court.

Comment

Hey Mikey its Devin from the myspace forum. Dude... after reading his forum(and Al's)... Wow. lol All I can say... Just stay safe and use your brain and Im sure you will be fine :D

I still can't understand how people think they can get away with this kind of stuff today... assuming he is a fraud anyways... Just blows my mind :\

Comment

I have alerted the BB.com miscers, hopefully they will help to shame the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey Triangles
                            But you're overlooking the fact that he called it "impractical"... I mean, come on.
                            And?_

Comment

Thinking a BJJ technique is practical or not does not make you a BS artist. Stop debating over an omoplata for fucks sake.

Comment

And?_

I've never met a BJJer, let alone black belt, that would ever refer to an omoplata (or reverse) as "not practical for live rolling"

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X