Sensei Al Perry just challenged me... for asking about his BJJ lineage!!! lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vorpal
    Mickey, I'm no BJJ roller, but I am in NJ. If you do decide to go to this guy's gym I'll go with you. At 6'3" and 230 lbs I should balance out your 145lbs well enough to discourage a pile on.
    But Vorpal according to Sensei Al's logic, since you do Aiki-Jiujitsu, that's the same as training BJJ. So go ahead and change your style field to BJJ.

Comment

Hey, that's a great idea! You just saved me a ton of money getting BJJ lessons in the future. Lunch is on me.

Comment

Its pretty obvious to me from reading other posts that the closest this guy got to a BJJ Black Belt was getting a Black Belt in JJJ while in Brazil. Does that put the B in BJJ? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey Triangles
          Anyway I accepted his challenge, and I can assure you there will be video footage if it goes down (the guy is right in NJ).
          By the bye, where did you see that he's in NJ? That first guy, Mecho, has "Baltimore + Bridgeton, NJ" listed on his MySpace, but Sensei Perry's website seems to indicate his school is in Maryland:
          http://mma.metrohosting.info/

As you might well expect, a Google search for "MMA Fighters", Maryland turned up a great deal of unrelated information. Searching for "MMA Fighters", "Al Perry" wasn't very helpful, either. Do we actually know where the school is?

Baltimore area's still not too terribly far away, but we may have been inquiring amongst the wrong people to find out about Sensei Perry.

--Joe

Comment

honestly, i think we should all just register at his board and enquire (very politely) about his lineage.

Comment

Haha.
              The mecho guy doesn't know what a omaplata is. You got challenged by a white belt.

That said, aside from the nonsense on the lineage thread, the 3-4 posts I saw by Perry were consistent with general BJJ thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by UpaLumpa

That said, aside from the nonsense on the lineage thread, the 3-4 posts I saw by Perry were consistent with general BJJ thinking.
                Copy/paste merchant, book learning regurgitation or genuine knowledge?
                He certainly doesn't seem to conduct himself in line with what I've heard/read about the majority of BJJ guys.

Comment

For those curious, this is supposedly the name and location of his school:

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy, Maryland, USA
                  I can't find anything on Google or Mapquest regarding this school and the schools I did find didn't have "Sifu Al Perry" listed.

Comment

He has said he is still looking for a location if you read his entire forum.

If you keep reading it sounds like he was teaching out of a garage??????

I seriously wonder if he had a school.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake
                      He has said he is still looking for a location if you read his entire forum.

If you keep reading it sounds like he was teaching out of a garage??????

I seriously wonder if he had a school.
                      That location was listed on his main site. However, no zip code was given, no street name, no city, just "Maryland, USA". Not to mention the name "Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy" is a pretty generic one. One possibility as to why that information was withheld is due to him supposedly look for a new location.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaFighta
                        That location was listed on his main site. However, no zip code was given, no street name, no city, just "Maryland, USA". Not to mention the name "Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy" is a pretty generic one. One possibility as to why that information was withheld is due to him supposedly look for a new location.
                        http://mmafighters.21.forumer.com/vi...1&highlight=#1

Originally posted by Sensei Al
                        I am sorry that the new site fell through but I have GOOD NEWS that I know you all have heard but here it is officially! MMA Fighters are negotiating a lease on a street front location in Down Town Baltimore. The site is a beauty but the current tenants are there until February next and it may take a few weeks to convert into a gym.
                        This was posted on the third of November before, he decided to become silly.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake
                          http://mmafighters.21.forumer.com/vi...1&highlight=#1

This was posted on the third of November before, he decided to become silly.
                          Thanks for pointing that out. I must've missed that thread when I was browsing the forum.

Comment

If you get a fight set up, make sure you have a waiver thingy so you both know what rules you are fighting under, and have solid backup with you. I could see this guy pulling something illegal/trying to mess you up bad.

Comment

From Al Perry: "Yes Kimura lock isn't used against the legs. The Ompelata is similar to the Kimura and uses YOUR legs to lock your partners ARM."

Comment

This is so like a videogame. Does he or will he soon have your girlfriend locked in a closet?

Anyway, can someone on their forum please please please please please invite them all to Bullshido? Do it for the lulz, as Cracky just isn't funny anymore :*(

Dagon

P.S. Wait a second. Did the fight already happen? There's already a video of it up on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJwphXaZ-VA
                                Last edited by Dagon Akujin; 11/26/2007 1:01pm, . Reason: P.S.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X