X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hungryjoe
    Yes - directed soley at you.

No offence intended.

You are treading in another man's domain.

He is an asshat or he would have proudly given his lineage. I call bullshido on his bjj BB.

This does not mean he has not learned something since he started.

The fact that he wants you to first go through a student should mean something (as pointed out by others).

You are 21. At that age I too was bullet proof and could eat beer cans for breakfast (I thought).
    While I admire your spirit, I ask if this Al is truly worth your time and well being.

If he is a BB in JJJ, can you stand up to his overall abilities?

Perhaps MA people in the local area can shed some light on his true abilities.

Best to you,

Joe

I'm actually a bit ahead of you, and I recognize the valid points you made. If you read my last post I think you'll agree that we see eye to eye.

Comment

deleted
      Last edited by M-Tri; 11/25/2007 11:36pm, .

Comment

Then how about seeing what the locals have to say about this dirt bag?

He will still be there tomorrow and next week - except he is moving his dojo? and the public will not be admitted until next spring. See what I mean?

Take care of yourself - you have shown good decorum to this point.

Comment

ok, Jay (legit NJ Brown Belt) just got back to me saying he never heard of him... *not in shock*

Comment

If your going to accept this guy's challenge I would ask your instructor how to arrange a match in a neutral location. I will say that something stinks. If he was say a carson gracie black belt he would have told you along with his message to fuck off.

Comment

There seems to be some equivocation on his forum.

Thank you for the question. Firstly I think that there is only Jiu-Jitsu not old jiu-jitsu or new jiu-jitsu or whatever. It's all jiu-jitsu to me. I hope that other Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu guys are ok with me saying that but as a Jiu-Jitsu black belt that is how I feel. Jiu-Jitsu is a constant even though there are different blends or Ryu and whatever guys try to say we are different from the rest ..because. And related arts like Judo and AikiDo are much like all the forms of Jiu-jitsu especially after black belt.
              from students-

Like the big man ses!

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is just like traditional jiu-jitsu was in 1920 (huh?) just the rest has become more watered down.
              It's like Sensei was telling me in class the other day. You don't see many advanced techniques from JJ in stuff like UFC because they don't really study the art and are more like big steroid user types.

So it means that the real JJ is just watered down for the sake of entertainment.
              and BJJ has become the Gracie money making machine. I am sure there must be plenty of other Brazilians who do JJ who have not managed to market their arts quite so well via the UFC etc
              BJJ/JJJ/Aikido/Judo are all "the same or whatever" from a BJJ blackbelt? Seems a little unlikely. Maybe there's a cornucopia of BJJ blackbelts in the area, but when this is thrown in with his problems starting/maintaining a school it does seem untypical.

As I think IIF said, his students could be totally off the leash, and it complicates the issue. If his students quote him accurately, if, those last statements seem a little odd given he got his belt "from the Gracies in Brazil."

Originally posted by Samuel Browning
              I will say that something stinks.
              Agreed. No fixed school location? No pictures/vids of the guy? You could show up and have no idea of who the hell you're fighting/rolling with. This is multiplied X times by "fight my student before you fight the masta." Even if he's not a nutjob, he could pull in a ringer for lulz.

Even more suspicious given that he knows everything about you- trainers, school, real name, pics, etc. Pretty funny how his posse are "lol you're a girly man" while he does the tapdance about "fight my students" and yelling "kowabunga" or WTF the challenge term is. A BJJ blackbelt who can totally scout someone and goes into all this elaborate stuff about rolling or sparring them? Pretty hard to believe. Doesn't sound like someone used to being challenged without massive drama, and if he has such crazy skills he should be able to tell with all of your info whether or not you're a "waste of time."

My best guess is that if truly his student it would be his student/mod

"Mecho" McKinsey
              Record. 16 : 0 : 4

So, basically what everyone else put well, neutral location w/ witnesses and agreed-upon rules.

Comment

"Mecho" McKinsey

yeah... anybody ever hear of this kid? I know a thing or two about amatuer MMA in the area, and I think I would have heard of this kid if he had 16 wins and no loses.... and I know he's not pro because sherdog would definitely have him up by now with a record like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey Triangles

"Mecho" McKinsey

yeah... anybody ever hear of this kid? I know a thing or two about amatuer MMA in the area, and I think I would have heard of this kid if he had 16 wins and no loses.... and I know he's not pro because sherdog would definitely have him up by now with a record like that.
                  Just reading his posts pisses me off. This guy and his instructor are acting like Jerry Springer trannies who were just exposed on national television.

No offense to the trannies.

Comment

Originally posted by NJM
                    Just reading his posts pisses me off. This guy and his instructor are acting like Jerry Springer trannies who were just exposed on national television.

that literally made me laugh out loud

:owneddanc

Comment

That Perry guy is really backpeddaling.

Comment

the whole thing seems like a scam. I doubt there is a Sensei Al Perry. If he does exist he is probably just a guy who bought a black belt and learned a few jiu-jitsu moves from you tube.

Comment

Originally posted by NJM

Since when do transmissions even TALK, let alone go on a daytime talk show?*

Josh

*Disclaimer: That's a joke!

Comment

Having read all the threads, something is DEFINITELY wrong here. Looking at the guy's forum and website, I've never seen someone give so few specifics about his background in GJJ while trading so much on the name.

Comment

Mickey, I'm no BJJ roller, but I am in NJ. If you do decide to go to this guy's gym I'll go with you. At 6'3" and 230 lbs I should balance out your 145lbs well enough to discourage a pile on.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorpal
                                Mickey, I'm no BJJ roller, but I am in NJ. If you do decide to go to this guy's gym I'll go with you. At 6'3" and 230 lbs I should balance out your 145lbs well enough to discourage a pile on.
                                I can second Vorpal's offer, and I can operate a camera, if need be.

--Joe

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X