Sensei Al Perry just challenged me... for asking about his BJJ lineage!!! lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samuel Browning
    Technically its a waiver, but it will also need to spell out the rules of the contest. i.e. is it a pure grappling match or is it an MMA fight? Also a ref should be involved if its MMA.
    I'm hoping for a pure grappling match. not that I'm afraid of MMA. I just haven't been training for it.

Comment

Be sure to get video, this should be funny.

Comment

to da OP

yea a lot of people claim to be taught here & there, or some lineage

at the end of the day, all dat lineage bullshit doesnt mean anything if you cant use the shit you learned

i know average people who just boxed who have punched out martial artists black belts

i personally dont know either of you, so either way I do not really care that much

Comment

Originally posted by djchangster
          to da OP

yea a lot of people claim to be taught here & there, or some lineage

at the end of the day, all dat lineage bullshit doesnt mean anything if you cant use the shit you learned

i know average people who just boxed who have punched out martial artists black belts

i personally dont know either of you, so either way I do not really care that much

generally people with a little boxing have a massive advantage over MOST Black Belts in most styles anyway.... so I'm not really sure where you're going with this.... :tinfoil:

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey Triangles
            generally people with a little boxing have a massive advantage over MOST Black Belts in most styles anyway.... so I'm not really sure where you're going with this.... :tinfoil:

LOL...jaja...no i was just saying all dat jazz people talk doesnt mean anything

like for example, i could be seriously taught by bruce lee, but does that mean i will be as good as him - probably not because i am not going to be doing one finger pushups anytime soon...LOL:qcheerlea

Comment

With that attitude, you are looking at getting your 21 year old bullet proof ass handed to you on a platter.

If you're going through with this, make no presumptions about your opponent.

Better to let it die.

If not, please post a video for pics of disaster.

Recommended - punch the asshat as fast as you can, hard as you can, in the face. If you don't win, you've left an indellible picture for his students to remember.

Comment

Not to rain on anyones parade but you know jackshit about this guy and you wanna go fight him?

Maybe hes lying about being a blackbelt, your boy Scarola would be able to find out. Fuck, just email Renzo in the city, who Joey knows, that you think there is a fake BB out in NJ. Im sure Renzo and Ricardo Almeida would want to know.

Also, so what if this guys not a BB in BJJ? What if hes a jacked monster though, around 200, wrestled in college, has some decent stand-up and a blue belts level in BJJ. Theres lots of guys who are just like that and would beat the shit outa most guys. Now imagine that he is this wrestler/boxer/strongman and your gonna challenge him to a fight? Sorry but Id pick him, last I remember your a good blue belt who teaches at Red Boy (good thing), your just starting to learn some MMA (pretty much all grappling) and your 135-145 (uhh-ohhh). See where Im going?

Not trying to be a dick, but you dont know anything about him, and if he beats your ass, even if hes not a legit BB, he keeps his students. This is something Brown and Black Belts should be doing, maybe some Purples or at the very least MMA fighters (with actual experience and a good record and all that jazz)

But again, challenging him doesnt do much.
                Port Jefferson Martial Arts - My Gym
                Port Jefferson Martial Arts - My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe
                  With that attitude, you are looking at getting your 21 year old bullet proof ass handed to you on a platter.

If you're going through with this, make no presumptions about your opponent.

Better to let it die.

If not, please post a video for pics of disaster.

Recommended - punch the asshat as fast as you can, hard as you can, in the face. If you don't win, you've left an indellible picture for his students to remember.

was this directed at me?

if so I'm curious, why?

I'm not actually 21, you confused me with a post another member of this forum made.
                  Last edited by M-Tri; 11/26/2007 12:04am, .

Comment

Well It seems that this Sensei you speak of isnt a very nice person. From how he speaks I bet his So called black belt came from a cereal box. LOL No real fighter would ever speak like that to another person.

Anyway dont take it personally. If I were you I would just ignore people like that.

Oh yes and off the topic. If you ARE interested in a Cage fight with a Real Fighter....and not just some jerk.. Try my sensei Robert Hisamoto. He even owns his own Cage Fighting Buisness called Brass Knuckles. Unlike that guy he isnt a jerk. If not than if you want to
                    Im sure there is a website on him somewhere. Its been a while since I trained with him
                    but he is the greatest fighter I have ever known and a great person as well.

Anyway back to the topic at hand.

Im pretty sure from how the guy wrote to you is pretty much all talk. Most people that
                    are like that are talk with no bite. So dont waist your time getting angry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by GIJoe6186
                      Not to rain on anyones parade but you know jackshit about this guy and you wanna go fight him?

Maybe hes lying about being a blackbelt, your boy Scarola would be able to find out. Fuck, just email Renzo in the city, who Joey knows, that you think there is a fake BB out in NJ. Im sure Renzo and Ricardo Almeida would want to know.

Also, so what if this guys not a BB in BJJ? What if hes a jacked monster though, around 200, wrestled in college, has some decent stand-up and a blue belts level in BJJ. Theres lots of guys who are just like that and would beat the shit outa most guys. Now imagine that he is this wrestler/boxer/strongman and your gonna challenge him to a fight? Sorry but Id pick him, last I remember your a good blue belt who teaches at Red Boy (good thing), your just starting to learn some MMA (pretty much all grappling) and your 135-145 (uhh-ohhh). See where Im going?

Not trying to be a dick, but you dont know anything about him, and if he beats your ass, even if hes not a legit BB, he keeps his students. This is something Brown and Black Belts should be doing, maybe some Purples or at the very least MMA fighters (with actual experience and a good record and all that jazz)

You do make a good point. But from what I understand, MT was the one who GOT challenged. So technically he'd only be responding to a challenge, not issuing one.

Minor detail, I know. And I'm not even disagreeing with you, necessarily. I'm not taking either side in this. But there's always the element of the unknown for any type of fight, other any circumstances. So there's always a risk of losing. Or (God forbid) getting hurt.

Again, I'm not trying to push anyone either way - I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here. And despite what I say earlier, if it were me, and I decided to accept the challenge, then I would find out as much as I possibly could about the opponent. I would for any fight, under any circumstances.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by GIJoe6186

I'm actually just waiting on a reply... I agree 100%

Actually if you read everything you'll see that I NEVER did anything remotely close to issuing a challenge. They keep saying that, but all I did in that entire thread was politely ask for his lineage.

Aside from that I completely agree with everything you said, but just for the record I have much more training in boxing than I do in BJJ. I just teach BJJ, and have been more focused on that for the past few years, and from what I gathered it seemed like they wanted a 'BJJ/grappling match' from their use of the word "roll"

anyway let's make this perfectly clear I NEVER CHALLENGED ANYBODY

and I would much rather a higher rank in BJJ with more MMA exp. and some legit body weight take my place in this argument, but this wouldn't be the first time I accepted a challenge and had my 145lb ass embarrass somebody... which is just great if it's a possibility :)
                        Last edited by M-Tri; 11/25/2007 11:09pm, .

Comment

MT is doing his homework, he is asking his instructor and Jay Scully about the guy.

Also, if you read the thread on Al's forum it sounds like Al is not so gung-ho about fighting MT.

Comment

I agree with the above, the unknown is deadly - for all you know he could be setting you up, pull a weapon on you, and other deadly things. I have seen it myself, some dude fights one guy, and he ends up with 20 people stomping him. Just understand, for all you know he a bad ass, some bad ass fighters arent in UFC or any kind of stuff like that, and that doesnt mean they wont do brutal things to you. If you are going to fight him, I would bring back up in case the guy is sheisty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey Triangles
                              was this directed at me?

if so I'm curious, why?
                              Yes - directed soley at you.

No offence intended.

You are treading in another man's domain.

He is an asshat or he would have proudly given his lineage. I call bullshido on his bjj BB.

This does not mean he has not learned something since he started.

The fact that he wants you to first go through a student should mean something (as pointed out by others).

You are 21. At that age I too was bullet proof and could eat beer cans for breakfast (I thought).
                              While I admire your spirit, I ask if this Al is truly worth your time and well being.

If he is a BB in JJJ, can you stand up to his overall abilities?

Perhaps MA people in the local area can shed some light on his true abilities.

Best to you,

Joe

Comment

Wow, that is a very strange story. I agree with everyone else when I say that you're being very respectful and this does smell fishy. Keep us posted on how this develops and if it does come down to a match, be careful that he doesn't do anything dirty.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X